Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: Winnemucca, Nv any crawlers????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #1

Default Winnemucca, Nv any crawlers????

title says it all....just moved to winnemucca, looking for some fellow crawlers.
RUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

There are a great group of crawlers in the Mucca and don't be shy, the Nevada State Championships are tommorow in Carson City, NV. C'mon on out and drive or watch the best Nor-Cal and Nevada drivers "do work"!

R.E.C.O.N. Crawlers is the most active r/c crawling club in Northern Nevada and we cover the spectrum of r/c crawling, 2.2, 1.9, Super, and Scalers.

There is some SICK rock in the Mucca!

-Parker
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Cassie & I love to crawl. We were even driving over to reno monthly for comps with recon & Parker. Haven't been for a few months (it's a long drive). Pm me, we'll go crawl. I know of quite a few good spots around here. Oh and welcome to winnemucca
tim the toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #4

Default crawling in Northern Nevada

I'm located in Lovelock and have crawled for about a year now. Have a Losi and a Venom fairly well set up, (read - I need new rocks to play on).
The rocks in my neighborhood are all 100% grippy so tire choice isn't as important as Parkers groomed tracks. (read slippy, wet, polished marbels).
Tim the Toolman and others are you still crawlin? LosiJay is also in Lovelock. This could be fun. Wanta crawl and have fun?
curby
curby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

look up rustynail78 on RCC
him and his dad crawl, they live in Lovelock also, i believe

line something up and let us know a date. see if we can make it also. I have been trying to head that way for months now, work is always getting in the way
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yep still crawlin, just nobody to crawl with around here any more. Let's get together and crawl.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #7

OK toolman we have better rocks than that "mucca" place. I'm Calling your bluff........

time and PLACE, (cept this Saturday I'll be at the L,O,S,T, G6
Old 09-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

haha sounds good curby. Actually we have an area kind of similar to lone mt. over here, except the rocks are more red colored. My schedule is all tied up for a bit, so maybe the weekend after this one coming up? I will get in touch with you next week
Old 09-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #9

Tim your on!
I'm moving my daughter to Sparks this weekend, (sept 24/25), so after that, no excuses...... I have a Ham Radio flea market in Reno Oct 8th, morning only. Oct 9th is open.
I have several cars and way tooooo many model airplanes. Two Cliff Climbers for guests and fun, one LNC which is almost a LCC, needs a dig. a Paradox'd Venom, soon to have dig. In the scaler area I have a bone stock SCX-10. What do you have?
At Lone Mountain I have set up four med to sever rock crawling courses, and have six 1000 foot plus scaler runs. I use these to test improvements/mods to my cars.

by the way if anybody else in Central / Northern Nevada wants to join us or have our sorry butts come and destroy your crawling area drop a reply here. I'll / we'll be over shortly!
Pursik 333

curby

Last edited by curby; 09-21-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling of name Pursik333
Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I'll see what days Rhett has off, maybe we can carpool up there when you and Tim find a date to crawl
I might have to just bring my scalers, untill my comp rig gets fixed
Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #11

Default Trail fun run in Northern Central Nevada

Prusik
Comp rig gets fixed? Another Capacitor? I have a couple of comp rigs so we'll have to crawl somewhere. I have been back to the Mayberry 775 courses and can say that I can now finish the courses. That course one, where you blew tha cap, gate two still slows me down. Course 4 gate five is now mastered but the gate 7 still stumps me.

I'll be in Reno on Sat Oct 8. the morning is scheduled but the afternoon isn't......Mayberry or Rock Park? How about Fernley for including Tim and LosiJay? Scalers or Comps, Or both?

Parker has a G6 at Rock Park on Oct 15th...... if anything I'll see yas there.
Curby

for me everyday is a Saturday cept Sunday and that's a playday!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Comp rig gets fixed? Another Capacitor?
a new dig/new radio, it should be working this Monday (with Rhett's help)

I have to work the 8th & 15th both

I have off
Oct. 1st (maybe 2nd)
7th
9th threw 13th
19th & 20th
24th
don't know if any of those dates work
for you guys?

every time a comp comes up i have to work it, one of these times LOL
Old 09-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #13

Default Trail fun run in Northern Central Nevada

Prusik,
Since everyday is Saturday 'cept Sunday, Oct 1 or 7 is great. Both days are even better. The weather should still be ok. Morning, afternoon?
Now for the fun part, WHERE? My suggestion for the first "comp" fun run is, let's meet at Mayberry park and run to last 775 comp courses. If we get bored or broken, then lets pull out the scalers and run Parkers courses..... If you have another idea as to where carnage can occur that will be fine also. Tim or LosiJay, If you can join us then we'll move to Fernley or someplace a bit closer for you folks.
Do you have any course markers? Do you have any judges sheets or know where they can be found on the internet?
I have a tripod, lousy video camera and a fair digital camera that I'll bring along.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Oct 1st Sat. sounds good

Morning, afternoon? you pick a time, i'm good with either one, even afternoon shouldn't be too hot. we could just meet at 8am and go till all batteries are done

WHERE? what about Lovelock, that way it's closer for
Tim & Cassie to show up from winnemucca, any good rock spot in Lovelock?

If we don't here from anybody, then lets meet at Mayberry park and run 775 comp courses, then run Parkers courses with scalers
so how about it Tim, Ruth, rustynail78, LosiJay, anybody else want to join?

I do have course markers, tennis ball halfs (10 total not for 3 courses though) & BIG side walk chalk
I do have judge sheet cards, RCC & RECON sheets, I'll bring both
I also have a digital camera I will bring

when Rhett comes over today, I will see if he can join us this Sat.

my cell # 427-6146 if you think of anything else or can't go at the last minute.....I'll still be there though

edit: If you want instead of Mayberry park, Rhett just told me they are having a RECON comp the 1st Oct. @ Pyramid

Last edited by prusik333; 09-26-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: RECON comp
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #15

Is the Pyramid thingy a real comp? If so lets go there. Did Rhett say where and what time?
Curby
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by curby View Post
Is the Pyramid thingy a real comp? If so lets go there. Did Rhett say where and what time?
Curby

new forum, I guess that's why I didn't see it
http://reconcrawlers.com/forum/showt...1-Pyramid-Lake

if you want park at my house, it will save you 100 miles.......or park in Fernley somewhere and Rhett & I can pick you up, that will save you 60 miles
pm me if intrested and i will give you the directions, if not we will see you there then
Old 09-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

People getting serious about crawlin awesome.We will be out of town, in Vegas this weekend coming up unfortunately. Dewane curby and everyone else though I am am off oct 8,9, 10,11, 18, 19, 20 and 21. Any of these days I believe I could get away to crawl. Lone mt courses sound like fun. We 1:1 crawled fordyce last week, and while there I put on a lot of scale miles on the honcho too. BTW I have markers to set up 4 10 gate courses I could bring with me too wherever we get together
Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #18

Default Lovelock Crawl ? ? ? Oct 9 or 10 or ?

All, and Anyone else who is interested.
It sounds like we all have the above mentioned dates availible for a fun crawl. I talked to Prusik and Rhett Oct 1 and they would like to crawl Oct 9 at Lovelock. Is that OK for All? LosiJay can not make the 9th but could on the tenth.
I have three to four comp courses that are not great challenges going downhill but are a medium challenge uphill. There is about 1 square mile of rock if one wants to try other lines. There are three scale courses that shoud be a medium challenge, two that would be difficult. LosiJay says the real men in Nevada should try to get the top of Lone Mt on the least number of battery changes.......Ya right.
Remember the Nevada state championships were held at these sites about four years ago.

I'll have a sign out by my mailbox, (1430 Arobio Lane), saying "Crawling starts here". In Lovelock use exit 106, head west, turn left at courthouse, right on Western Ave and it will turn into Arobio Lane. One mile later you'll see the sign. DON'T use the internet map system(s) as it will run you about 5 miles outa town the wrong way. I'll have donuts and coffee ready. We all could meet and proceed to the crawl site. A high clearance car/truck should be used. If you don't have one, don't worry we'll get you there.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Curby count me in, it'll be funI sent you a pm
Old 10-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #20
RCC Addict

count me in also
my boss says i for sure have Sunday off, right after I work my Saturday night shift so the earliest i can make Sunday is 8am 9th @ Curby's place
see you all then