Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: project promote lvsc(las vegas scale crawlers)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: project promote lvsc(las vegas scale crawlers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ocho View Post
If the cell is below 3v you can use a ni charger(nimi/nicad) to bring it back up to Atleast 3v per cell. You should do this at a super low charge rate tho like 1amp or less if possible. Once your up to the min cell voltage pull if off and charge normally all the way full with a lipo charger prolly wanna balance it first. Make sure your outside and monitoring this at all times you never know what could happen. What type of battery are you trying to recover? What charger do you have? I have a onyx 235 idk if I had more settings than you but I know it has a lot lol if you need mine let me know.
I am trying to recover a 7.4 2 cell 5300 mili amp venom battery. I have a dynamite passport with self balancer and 1-5 amp charge.
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

What are your cell voltages? I say go ahead and charge them up till they are both at Atleast 3v then switch over to the lipo mode and finish it up. Make sure your keeping an eye on it as the cells may be damaged or may become damaged. There is a reason why the chargers are set to not charge the undervolted pack. I don't know if your charger has ni settings if it does give it a shot if not let me know we can get my charge set up and try it out. I have a multi meter if you need it but you should be able to get your cell voltages off of your charger. We should probably use the multi meter to see how accurate you charger is. Just make sure your charge it on the lowest current setting possible. Go slow and keep an eye on voltage.
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:13 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

yes i had 5th in my head so good and forgot all about the superbowl guys,,,,and my team better be there again,,cough cough...go pack,lol

if you guys do want to do the 5th yes it would be 11-1130 till 2ish witch leaves 3 hrs before game time....i havent gave garrett(guy who runs 702) a for sure date yet so really whenever we figure it out is up to us... but since comp sched. is pretty well figured it would be good for us to get in there asap to get out the word
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

so i went racin weds and fri and had a chance to talk to the guy who runs the track again....we still have it when we need it to do a showing,,,,,he also mentioned to me if we give him enough notice he can also get something set up in there for us..................also i just posted to fb but if anyone is awsome at painting bodies(((airbrush included))) im thinking on a lvsc themed body next for my team associated race spec short course truck sc10..... and since i race multi week long series races that would be good advertisein.....let me know if your skilled...........and side note i took home a strong finish 4th place in the 2wd modefied short course class friday racin at » 702 RC Raceway Inc.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
so i went racin weds and fri and had a chance to talk to the guy who runs the track again....we still have it when we need it to do a showing,,,,,he also mentioned to me if we give him enough notice he can also get something set up in there for us..................also i just posted to fb but if anyone is awsome at painting bodies(((airbrush included))) im thinking on a lvsc themed body next for my team associated race spec short course truck sc10..... and since i race multi week long series races that would be good advertisein.....let me know if your skilled...........and side note i took home a strong finish 4th place in the 2wd modefied short course class friday racin at » 702 RC Raceway Inc.

I can paint bodies really well,I use to do it for money... Here a few pics.
The chrome is spaztic, awesome chrome paint.
http://
Blurry pic but I ran the flames through the tint on the windows.
This one has ghost flames you can see in the right light.
I custom painted evrything on this.
This was my comp crawler, made it on axial website in a comp in St goerge.
Cant forget the drift car its a black to burgundy fade

Last edited by Rivas Concepts; 01-14-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

nice there anthony. so once i break down and get a new body and paint would you like to whip something up? i was really wanting airbrushed rocks and a few scalers on there with maybe lvsc bold on the roof with las vegas scale crawlers smaller print under it but maybe more of just a 2 tone maybe fade with advert on it.........now of course i wouldnt pay for the actual work into it and painting but id buy body n all,,,,,,figured that would be better then the packer team truck i was gunna paint
Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

you guys should get a hold of Art, PaloaltoK5 on here.. he owns the domain for sincityrcrc.com and has mentioned several times about getting the forums back up and running.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
you guys should get a hold of Art, PaloaltoK5 on here.. he owns the domain for sincityrcrc.com and has mentioned several times about getting the forums back up and running.

I waited over a year on that sin city rc stuff so started this. Not even interested in sin city rc anymore. I hit up everyone on nevada forums and lots moved or sold out. Steve said he was working on getting sin city back up annd running but that was a year ago. I think we have more people at our gtg than sin city had anyway.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

you probably do, the best we ever did was 15guys for a 6 month comp season. but all we did was 2.2 competition, a lot of new guys would show up and never come back when they say that it took a $1200+ rig to even be competitive. ive got a 1.9 tuber left, wouldnt mind doing some fun crawlin with some new guys at calico or bootleg or something.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
you probably do, the best we ever did was 15guys for a 6 month comp season. but all we did was 2.2 competition, a lot of new guys would show up and never come back when they say that it took a $1200+ rig to even be competitive. ive got a 1.9 tuber left, wouldnt mind doing some fun crawlin with some new guys at calico or bootleg or something.

We have increased on our 2 comps and gtg are about an average of 17 with some notice but we have over 20 now. We are on an increase for sure.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivas Concepts View Post
We have increased on our 2 comps and gtg are about an average of 17 with some notice but we have over 20 now. We are on an increase for sure.
damn the strictly competition side never got that kinda attendance. you guys suck, today i spent an hour or so in my garage digging up old/spare parts and bodies, wanting to build something. with what ive already got i could do it fairly cheap too. dammit...
Old 02-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

told you it would happen diesel - it always sucks us in. For me this is my only way. I just don't have the money flow todo another 1:1 for now. Esp saying after competing i cant do a trail rig. it just doesn't stay fun for me. its balls to wall or nothing.

I came up with another promotion / club idea guys. How would yall like an embroidered club shirt. My mom has a fancy sewing machine that does it all. We did them in ENgland for our off road club and they came out really nice and were a huge hit. I wanna say they weren't more than 35 a piece. And that was a really nice mechanics shirt with club logo and your name. I would have to dig deeper to get hard numbers. But she is willing todo it. Im even gonna get some personal pit towels made up. These will be at cost, i am not trying to make money, a couple dollars to my mom to pay for supplies and time and thats it. Just something neat that will help promote and give us something sweet to wear.
Let me know what yall think and I can dig deeper - maybe start another thread to figure out the design.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
told you it would happen diesel - it always sucks us in. For me this is my only way. I just don't have the money flow todo another 1:1 for now. Esp saying after competing i cant do a trail rig. it just doesn't stay fun for me. its balls to wall or nothing.

I came up with another promotion / club idea guys. How would yall like an embroidered club shirt. My mom has a fancy sewing machine that does it all. We did them in ENgland for our off road club and they came out really nice and were a huge hit. I wanna say they weren't more than 35 a piece. And that was a really nice mechanics shirt with club logo and your name. I would have to dig deeper to get hard numbers. But she is willing todo it. Im even gonna get some personal pit towels made up. These will be at cost, i am not trying to make money, a couple dollars to my mom to pay for supplies and time and thats it. Just something neat that will help promote and give us something sweet to wear.
Let me know what yall think and I can dig deeper - maybe start another thread to figure out the design.

sounds pretty sweet but id honestly hold off on that idea till theres a lil more people involved
Old 02-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

it wont be cheaper with more or less shirts - we just did it to be cool. Hottest bowling team around!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

"Im even gonna get some personal pit towels made up."

Put me down for some of those... I'll even get a shirt for myself too. whats moms paypal, does she prefer cash? hahahaha!
we also could make stickers real cheap. just an idea...

let me know,
Dominic
sisterfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

since theres more action in the promote section now hows march 4th sunday sound to go into the track????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????/
2901 s highland dr las vegas build. num 7a i believe..........» 702 RC Raceway Inc.

meet there at 10:45am-track opens 11am and thats also swap meet sunday day so anything rc you have for sale bring it its free.
racing starts at 2 pm so we can crawl around(((well have an area)) from 11am-2pm and anyone is also welcomne to stay past 2 to check out some racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me know guys .... post in this section.... ive really wanted to do this for awhile i just have bad luck in picking dates but march 4th is no holiday and no scale comp week before or after((we can scale in there)) and theres also swap meet sunday goin on and racing.....

WHAT DO YOU SAY?????????????????????
Old 02-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
since theres more action in the promote section now hows march 4th sunday sound to go into the track????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????/
2901 s highland dr las vegas build. num 7a i believe..........» 702 RC Raceway Inc.

meet there at 10:45am-track opens 11am and thats also swap meet sunday day so anything rc you have for sale bring it its free.
racing starts at 2 pm so we can crawl around(((well have an area)) from 11am-2pm and anyone is also welcomne to stay past 2 to check out some racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me know guys .... post in this section.... ive really wanted to do this for awhile i just have bad luck in picking dates but march 4th is no holiday and no scale comp week before or after((we can scale in there)) and theres also swap meet sunday goin on and racing.....

WHAT DO YOU SAY?????????????????????
in!
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ocho View Post
in!
sweetness...this time the date wont change so the 4th it is so if you guys have things to crawl to bring figure it out.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

well we got cancelled....something came up with swap meet sunday so no go on a track showing.........im not going to ask for another date....ill just keep linking vids and maybe some day theyll ask us to come in.....also ive been talking with a novak rep who said he would get us some crawler escs and motors for a raffle at the last comp and i havent heard from him in like a month now sooooooo.....

scratch that

ill buy something cool and 1 lucky number can win it at the last comp of the year....whoever shows at last comp puts name in a hat and we pick 1 paper...open it up and the name on it wins whatever...

fun fun
Old 02-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

i might be able to add alittle something to that raffle - nothing big but still cool stuff..... i wil get back to ya

project promote lvsc(las vegas scale crawlers) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shout out to all Las Vegas Crawlers SlightlySick Chit Chat 27 06-12-2011 01:00 AM
las vegas area crawlers... sincityrcrc.com dieselfuel Nevada 0 01-09-2008 09:59 PM
attention all crawlers from Las Vegas KylePipkin Chit Chat 0 05-13-2007 12:34 PM
Las Vegas Crawlers drumbeater Chit Chat 5 12-08-2006 09:21 AM
las vegas crawlers.... lets get together dieselfuel Nevada 2 07-12-2006 06:18 PM