Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: project promote lvsc(las vegas scale crawlers)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default project promote lvsc(las vegas scale crawlers)

so i was linking some vid to 702rcraceways facebook and thought of a plan.....but i need some more of you lvsc guys to make it worth it....ill start with im a rc racer in good standings at 702rcraceway and i also like scale. i was able to get the guy who runs 702 to post lvsc's 1st scale event the 10th on 702's main website a few days before the 10th.....anywho ive got a great idea to get us(lvsc) to attend a sunday race day at 702rcraceway. im working to get us our own pit table(say 7ft by 3 1/2 ft) for us to showcase and show the rc racers the scale rigs,,,,will also give a chance for some of you scale guys to see the race rc perspective witch i also do and love...we(i) can bring rocks to set up. wed have to let racers try our rigs and in return racers can let us(you)try their rigs on the track. ive already got 1 so dont need to try others,,,ill also had the control to any scale guys who are interested of my sc10 sc truck....i just thought it a great idea to get the scale club promoted and this also promotes racing to you guys witch promotes 702rcraceway....anyways i weas thinking sometime in jan/feb...702 races weds fri and suns so wed have to do a sun to make worth wile.....702 is located at 2901 s highland dr las vegas,,,we can meet there and set up or meet at my place 62 page st las vegas(7 miles away from 702 and all take my blazer,,i can fit 7 or so people and ile got a triler for our scale rigs and some rocks to haul for us........let me know guys....id really like to get a date set up and have it promoted by 702 and by us(lvsc)
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: project promote lvsc(las vegas scale crawlers)

i am in...

whatever you need. i will give what i can!
sisterfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterfunk View Post
i am in...

whatever you need. i will give what i can!
thats what im talkin about. like i said i just floated the idea over to the guy who runs 702. so ill be working something out with him over the next 2 weeks. sundays track opens at 11am and racing at 2pm so if we all set up at 11 and stayed till 4 or so that would be best in my mind,,,,also just checked website and they have swap meet sunday on the 8th i think that sunday is or witchever sunday is close to that date,,,,,,that would also be a good day for us to do this.........and like i said we could meet at the track or at my place and go together,,,ill also be racing that day as since im there might as well so if anyone parked at my place and went with me youd be there till racing is over,,,usually around 5-6 sundays...........keep the thoughts coming guys as ill """"hound dog""""""garret(guy who runs 702) and i can make just about anything happen......i know josh doesnt do sundays but this is kinda only laid back day at the track yo do it and anthony im sure would make it no prob with some advance notice also earl and carl i wanna say who were out the 18th both sounded like they could make anything happen as long as were given advanced notice.....
Old 12-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

hey guys,,,good news. i just got the email. ive got us a pit table anytime we want it over at 702rcraceway. so now i really need you guys to put out serious dates that you can make. im really thinkin 8th,15th or 22nd sunday jan....8th id say best being thats swap meet sunday and may draw in more people. i dont have many rocks but ive got a ton of regular bricks and then some bigger bricks also some round brick that are like bridges that ill bring......let me know.....also my email is galcorn1@aol.com
Old 12-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Videos are posted..!!!
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivas Concepts View Post
Videos are posted..!!!
yeah i see some posted but you have a privacy thing on or something, when i embeded them the other day they worked fine now they are private......did you just want your stuff private or is it a mistake?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

or maybe its since you actually added names to the vid as i just embeded them when they were numbers, ill give it another go now and let you know
Old 12-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
yeah i see some posted but you have a privacy thing on or something, when i embeded them the other day they worked fine now they are private......did you just want your stuff private or is it a mistake?

I just added all the footage to my channel to edit so there are not tons of little clips. So some of the little clips slipped by when I was making them private. I only make the finished stuff public. If you email me your info on your rig I will put it with your video.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I just added all the footage to my channel to edit so there are not tons of little clips. So some of the little clips slipped by when I was making them private. I only make the finished stuff public. If you email me your info on your rig I will put it with your video.
nah dont worry about it, not worth it since im only half done with the truck yet......and what do you think about my "project promote lvsc" by having us a table set up at the local track to show some racers what its about? better then just hanging a flier. i already got us the table whenever we want to do it. i was saying a sunday in jan but more i thought about it with the holidays and seeing who was in id rather shoot for the first sunday in feb. the 5th.....tell me what you think,,,like i mentioned ive got tons of bricks where we can set up some sort of circle line around the table or floor if you guys like better....i know some people are kinda against letting others drive their rigs but letting some of the guys drive them a little would be pretty cool(hence floor setup so nobodies falling off a table)

let me know and feb 5th sounds like a good day
Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

the 8th.. hmmm.. when i go in tomorrow, i will request that day off.

and rocks.. well i got a rock crawling garden in my court yard. the heaviest rocks are about 20-30lbs and a couple of cinder blocks too.. I also have a pallet about 4ft long and 2ft wide!!! i will bring it some of it, but i got a ford focus. it will all fit, but i might need my crawler to pull the my car.
here are some of them.. not the big ones, but to give you an idea.

let me know,

Dominic
Attached Images

sisterfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

hey sister dont go and request the 8th off of work!!! still need some input from others and by the time we get something together it will be after the 8th of jan,,,,,,,mostly better thinkin 5th of feb first sunday,,,thats enough time to see who will come and all that noise
Old 12-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
hey sister dont go and request the 8th off of work!!! still need some input from others and by the time we get something together it will be after the 8th of jan,,,,,,,mostly better thinkin 5th of feb first sunday,,,thats enough time to see who will come and all that noise
This is way off subject but who has a lipo charger that can recover batteries.? I have 3 lipos and my charger will not charge any of them.
Also greg if you look in scale video section a guy made a comment towards the cc01.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
This is way off subject but who has a lipo charger that can recover batteries.? I have 3 lipos and my charger will not charge any of them.
Also greg if you look in scale video section a guy made a comment towards the cc01.
not sure what you mean by recover but my lipo charges 2-6s and has auto balencer.... and ill check out vid section, another off topic side note my new wheels and tires came in this morning.

and guys i could use some input about this scale thing at the track,,,,this is a great way to spread the work to others that already have 1000s into rc just none scale yet
Old 12-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

anybody,anybody?????feb 5th 11am 2901 s highland dr building 7a
Old 12-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

this is gross guys on how many people are interested or said they can do it,,,,feb 5th sunday is the date at 702rcraceway....check my facebook post to lvsc...we cant get more people just by anthony posting to craigslist and us our own table at the rc raceway can help alot id say,,,there were more scale guys awhile back but they fell off...let me know.....im locking us in at 702 for feb 5th sunday wether its just me there or me rivas and sistafunk or all of you....our own pit table!!!!!!our own scale driving/showoff area....and to show others....can it get any better for exposure.....racers to scalers and scalers to racers...like i said before i got the first comp poster on their website and if we can make a good rep maybe i can get them all posted and maybe some racers will pick up a rig.......you dont have to let racers try your rigs just show em,,,,you can also try my race short course while your theire

come on guys
Old 12-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
you could try charging them with a regular charger and just monitor the voltage. once the cells get to normal voltage get switch over to lipo charger and finish up the charge

just charge them up until they are high enough for the lipo charger to see the right cell count

On topic, if its on a weekend you can usually count me in

Last edited by the_ocho; 12-29-2011 at 09:08 PM.
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ocho View Post
you could try charging them with a regular charger and just monitor the voltage. once the cells get to normal voltage get switch over to lipo charger and finish up the charge

just charge them up until they are high enough for the lipo charger to see the right cell count

On topic, if its on a weekend you can usually count me in
What kind of charger is a regular charger.? I dont have a volt meter but I'd buy one if it works. Chris says he has a smart charger and thats what I need so I need to meet up with him.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

If the 5th is Superbowl sunday, I wont be able to make it.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
If the 5th is Superbowl sunday, I wont be able to make it.
I always look at a calander before setting stuff up but your right thats superbowl sunday. But this is from 11 30 to 2 00 I believe.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What kind of charger is a regular charger.? I dont have a volt meter but I'd buy one if it works. Chris says he has a smart charger and thats what I need so I need to meet up with him.
If the cell is below 3v you can use a ni charger(nimi/nicad) to bring it back up to Atleast 3v per cell. You should do this at a super low charge rate tho like 1amp or less if possible. Once your up to the min cell voltage pull if off and charge normally all the way full with a lipo charger prolly wanna balance it first. Make sure your outside and monitoring this at all times you never know what could happen. What type of battery are you trying to recover? What charger do you have? I have a onyx 235 idk if I had more settings than you but I know it has a lot lol if you need mine let me know.

Last edited by the_ocho; 12-30-2011 at 07:24 AM.
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote

project promote lvsc(las vegas scale crawlers) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shout out to all Las Vegas Crawlers SlightlySick Chit Chat 27 06-12-2011 01:00 AM
las vegas area crawlers... sincityrcrc.com dieselfuel Nevada 0 01-09-2008 09:59 PM
attention all crawlers from Las Vegas KylePipkin Chit Chat 0 05-13-2007 12:34 PM
Las Vegas Crawlers drumbeater Chit Chat 5 12-08-2006 09:21 AM
las vegas crawlers.... lets get together dieselfuel Nevada 2 07-12-2006 06:18 PM