Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: Top Truck Scale Challenge!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Top Truck Scale Challenge!!!

Damn. look at all that adjustable. I thought my swiss cheese chassis was adjustable
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I know we said Run What Ya Brung - but I am starting to see where other clubs are having some issues with what alot of people would call Common Sence......
MOA is not a scale scraler, Hand of God means you cant put your foot in a hole and drive over it, ect ect ect
I am not against rules but I also see where it is killing alot of things, mostly bc of people trying to find work arounds to stupid stuff.

Does anyone think some of these things should be stated before TTC or does everyone agree what a scale rig and scale event should consist of??
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I know we said Run What Ya Brung - but I am starting to see where other clubs are having some issues with what alot of people would call Common Sence......
MOA is not a scale scraler, Hand of God means you cant put your foot in a hole and drive over it, ect ect ect
I am not against rules but I also see where it is killing alot of things, mostly bc of people trying to find work arounds to stupid stuff.

Does anyone think some of these things should be stated before TTC or does everyone agree what a scale rig and scale event should consist of??

Lol I think we may just state the obvious to avoid that. I have watched videos and checked some others TTC but havent seen anything like that.
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

i think the ultra4 boys are having the most problems - just a few of the issues i have read about. i personally like one of the bigger groups idea on DNF - you touch your rig, you get a DNF. then someone asked "well what if i break something?"
the answer was drive it till it wont move.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
i think the ultra4 boys are having the most problems - just a few of the issues i have read about. i personally like one of the bigger groups idea on DNF - you touch your rig, you get a DNF. then someone asked "well what if i break something?"
the answer was drive it till it wont move.
Hell yeah, it's TOP TRUCK CHALLENGE, not "just gimme another chance I think I can do it challenge"
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

add me to the list 1.9
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
add me to the list 1.9
Greg you been MIA...
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
Greg you been MIA...
yeah i know. had something to do then didnt happen with plans so workin to get basic roller from anthony then ill get the rest installed by ttc time....at least thats the plan. looking forward to get back out crawlin with all you guys
Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

As far as rules it will be basic. If you break, you make it as far as you can. DNF that course if need be. No hand of god or touching of any kind, you can winch but clock does not stop (Driving skill is your best bet over recovery gear). Should you break you can fix between rounds, be ready when your called or DNF. I posted a water proofing video on fb so if you skip a section its an automatic DNF that course. Stay between the barriers, (will be lined with marking tape/ribbon) time penalty for crossing or knocking down. Should you roll out of bounds barriers are still live. There will be a maximum time to complete courses. No equipment swapping, motor,tires,bodies,shocks,adding/losing weights etc... Your vehicle must complete courses under its own power. Rules Subject to change
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

so question then......say your motor blows in the mud/water......you have to replace it with an identicle motor to not be considered dnf on other courses after motor swap or what
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
so question then......say your motor blows in the mud/water......you have to replace it with an identicle motor to not be considered dnf on other courses after motor swap or what
I would say as long as your not swapping a brushless in place of a brushed your fine. See what Rivas says....
Old 05-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

yeah but a 27t and a 55t are way different.....water and mud events should be the last events anyways but usually most people dont keep an identicle motor as a spare but may have an extra witin 10 turns give or take.......just food for thought.....i saw truck pull and drag mentioned...lots of motor stress there....

good thing to have in place is replaceable motor can be within 10 turns of the one that died
Old 05-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

West Coast RC Crawlers: Scale TTC 2012 Teaser/Trailer HD - YouTube

Top Truck Challenge 2011 Highlights - YouTube
Old 05-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

well ive got a running rig now thanks to a roller deal from anthony....im ready for some ttc now....still lots to add though like bumpers boat sides accs. ect

check it

Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

oh and told the danseys guys about the ttc this morning and the 17th is fathers day, keep that in mind guys.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
oh and told the danseys guys about the ttc this morning and the 17th is fathers day, keep that in mind guys.
All the easier for all us guys to spend 12 hours playing with kids toys! lol

Quote:
yeah but a 27t and a 55t are way different.....water and mud events should be the last events anyways but usually most people dont keep an identicle motor as a spare but may have an extra witin 10 turns give or take.......just food for thought.....i saw truck pull and drag mentioned...lots of motor stress there....

good thing to have in place is replaceable motor can be within 10 turns of the one that died
honestly im not gonna call foul either way - this is suppose to be fun. i wanna win as much as the next guy but i also want everyone to have a go so i have a fight not a walk in the park.
This "sport" is as much, if not more about the driver than the rig. I could build a 2k rig but if i cant drive i am not going to get over the first set of rocks. but that all comes together with well built courses. an easy course will have a c1 rig keep up with a wraith, and on the flipside a good driver can make a good c1 keep up with a poorly driven wraith.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

hear you there but everyone would like a chance at winning and if a 55t is used in a say mini crawl course then switched to a 27t in the mud pit its a huge difference in performance bad driver or not....thats all i was getting at as like you cant change your wheels to paddles
Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Havent heard any chatter on this as of late... we still on? people still coming?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

wheres it going to be at? i do have sticks to make this happen TTC09 FrameTwister Jerome jump.mov - YouTube
Old 06-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

i am starting to think its not going to happen or get pushed back. i know of three that prob wont be there just due to bad timing.
who knows - we will see.

Top Truck Scale Challenge!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates Grizzly4x4 2.2 Scale Rigs 1396 11-09-2015 02:25 PM
Crawlerado Scale Series Top Truck Challenge - April 11th 2009 - TwistedXT Colorado 128 06-16-2010 07:36 PM
Help with a Scale Top Truck Challenge Event Tommy R General Scale Talk 41 01-18-2010 11:20 AM
Scale Top Truck Challenge? BENDER Colorado 40 02-21-2008 04:26 PM