Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: LasVegas Comp and Club Updates and Ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default LasVegas Comp and Club Updates and Ideas

First and foremost Thanks to everyone that has come out over the last 6 months, helped build courses, build ideas, and forge a damn good group of drivers. No matter where we go or who we comp against - we always have a blast together and at least 2-3 of us end up at the top of the charts.

Just recently a few things have switched gears or people have changed their wants and needs - no worries, people do what they gotta do. The dedicated will always stay where we are needed. With that a few of us have walked away from LVSC and the use of FB or TXTing to inform the "masses" of comps, G2G, and general updates.
Everything from here on out will only be posted here - on RCC. Spread the word, pass the info, and get active on the forum. If you hate RCC, forums, or computers. Sorry - this is how every other great club functions. Not to mention the amount of information you have here.

With that there will also be a few things set into motion with comps from here on out:
1 - Be on Time! If you late once in a blue moon so be it. If you're the guy that always walks up an hour after Tech time. Sorry, you can drive after everyone that was on time and judge yourself for your own smiles.
2 - SORCCA rules are full effect, as written, as intended. So many guys keep asking for Club vs. Club, national level events, ect ect. This is what they all run, so let's do the same and support SORCCA. They are so very simple and no not limit - some people are just too lazy to read.
3 - If you just want to drive, don't care about rules, and want to enjoy your toy truck. Come out and drive! Stop being scared of us Hardcore guys and come see what we are about. But if you're not putting forth the effort to follow comp rules at a "comp" - You will run after the guys that are, and we aren't going to judge you. If you're unsure what you want - Come Out! I will spend hours if that's what it takes to help you decide and not judge your decision afterwards. But I will not waste everyone else time.

Some of this may sound harsh but this is how other clubs and national level comp are ran. Plain and simple: Come out and have some fun, or don't. I will always enjoy driving my toy trucks be it for bowling trophies or not.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: LasVegas Comp and Club Updates and Ideas

cool.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I am in the middle of moving atm. As soon as that is finished (end of March tops) we will pick back up our month comps.
Where is Chip and when does he have off?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'm game for whatever.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I may not get around to well any more, but I'll show up and do what I can. I'm on here pretty much 24/7 so this is a good spot for any news. If you post it I'll see it.
Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

If you build it they will come..........

Someone lied!

Does anyone have plans for end of April? Thinking of having a BBQ at the house. Shop should be built and should even have some rocks in my tiny back yard.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

BBQ sounds good, I'd even B.M.O.R (bring my own rook.)
Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Bbq and crawling, I like it.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

What should I cook?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #10

Hey guys I'm a RC newbie that is really into crawlers. I've been an avid off-roader and rock crawler for years. With a newborn and two year old at home, I haven't been able to wheel as much as I want...so I got into crawlers instead! I'd love to get into comps, learn and have fun here in Vegas. Are new guys who don't know much about crawlers allowed to come out? Currently have a AX10 and a Ridgecrest but would like to get into something like a XR10 and start competing.

Scot
STS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
What should I cook?
Cook anything you want mate - I should have a better idea of dates to bounce around later this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS45 View Post
Hey guys I'm a RC newbie that is really into crawlers. I've been an avid off-roader and rock crawler for years. With a newborn and two year old at home, I haven't been able to wheel as much as I want...so I got into crawlers instead! I'd love to get into comps, learn and have fun here in Vegas. Are new guys who don't know much about crawlers allowed to come out? Currently have a AX10 and a Ridgecrest but would like to get into something like a XR10 and start competing.

Scot
Everyone is always welcome - but we don't do comp crawlers really. All scalers these days. Still more than welcome to come out and try and keep up with the ratrod!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Cook anything you want mate - I should have a better idea of dates to bounce around later this month.

Everyone is always welcome - but we don't do comp crawlers really. All scalers these days. Still more than welcome to come out and try and keep up with the ratrod!
Sounds good. Gives me a excuse to buy a scaler now! Maybe I'll pick up the new Rubicon just to mess with my Jeep buddies ( I'm a Toyota Land Cruiser guy). I'm still going to start work on a crawling course in my backyard. Figure what the heck.
STS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Sounds good to me.
What side of town are you on?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Move is done, thanks to the Scott and Alex for helping. Not to self: E on a Uhual truck mean Empty!

Been itching to crawl and dodge some cones - who's down?
This Sunday morning sound good?
Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

maybe, this weekend i start the tear down to put the engine/trans in my 1:1 rig.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

We can do next weekend if its better - just wouldn't be right with the scout there for me to beat on.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Would your club like to be a SORRCA member?
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #18

I just moved back to Vegas and am new into crawling. My roommate and I are runnin losi minis right now. I plan on doin a 10 scale sons day but just having fun with it right now. When and where do you guys usually meet it would be cool to check out some other rigs
xpoZrx is offline   Reply With Quote

LasVegas Comp and Club Updates and Ideas - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team L.E.R.K Club vs Club Comp #1 DORK VADER Scale Videos! 29 11-24-2013 05:27 PM
2.2 comp wraith a.k.a. CRAWLBETTA updates with pics cooterwrenchen Axial Wraith 18 04-23-2012 11:18 AM
SCRCC Comp #1...FIRST CLUB COMP!!! ittybitty Competitions 188 02-04-2011 10:46 PM
we need a name for our club.. any ideas? thescoutmandan Idaho 30 12-02-2008 11:20 AM