RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Nevada (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nevada/)
-   -   Winter Gated Runs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nevada/466634-winter-gated-runs.html)

doublej 10-23-2013 12:24 PM

Winter Gated Runs

Some have noticed I have not been out and about for a while.
Before the tempeture drop there was a hand full of guys asking about another long flagged run, cone dodging, and such. The only place to be named was Logandale Trails.
I have enough flags for 100 gates and 3 SORRCA courses. But I would really like to set up 200 gates and atleast 1 coned section in the middle.
The last 100 gate run we did was finished in about an hour by the kids. I think I can do better.

SO whats the general thinking - Anyone still want todo it? When and Where? What format?
Lets get something in stone far enough out for everyone to make plans.

Logandale, St.George, Lower Calico

hard rocker 10-23-2013 02:39 PM

Re: Winter Gated Runs

Lower Calico sounds good

doublej 10-23-2013 07:28 PM

Lower would be a blast bc I would take it from parking kit all the way to the back.
But we hit that spot so much if people are willing to drive a little we can get out to spots that aren't hit very often.

Erbing 10-23-2013 08:25 PM

Sounds like a good idea, I haven't been out in awhile and this would be awesome. I heard calico has some mud, would be fun to get dirty dirty.

doublej 10-23-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erbing (Post 4521997)
Sounds like a good idea, I haven't been out in awhile and this would be awesome. I heard calico has some mud, would be fun to get dirty dirty.

With it being cooler - I can bring the water jugs. It's just going to have to be at the beginning.

crawlerchick702 10-23-2013 09:45 PM

I say Logandale or St. George....somewhere we don't go often!

greggreg2011 10-24-2013 08:25 AM

i am always up for some gates"thumbsup"

doublej 10-24-2013 09:31 AM

I wouldn't mind running for time and finding some goofy throphy. We had atleast 4-5 kids under 13 last time i think. Im sure I could come up with a rubber duckie for them too.
A fun giggle with a reason to keep your finger pinned! Always a good time!

Shawn kept telling me he wanted logandale again - Can someone post a link to here on FB? I know we can pull 30 rigs easy.

greggreg2011 10-24-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublej (Post 4522475)
I wouldn't mind running for time and finding some goofy throphy. We had atleast 4-5 kids under 13 last time i think. Im sure I could come up with a rubber duckie for them too.
A fun giggle with a reason to keep your finger pinned! Always a good time!

Shawn kept telling me he wanted logandale again - Can someone post a link to here on FB? I know we can pull 30 rigs easy.

i just put it up

greggreg2011 10-24-2013 08:36 PM

and while it is on my mind a trip to mnt charleston when there is a lil snow on the ground makes for good trailing and there are plenty of gate locations that can be set up

DrFizz2k1 10-25-2013 01:22 AM

We're sort of in a holding pattern JJ.. We have the G6 coming in November which I think is supposed to be at Redstone.. but if it looks like turnout is going to exceed 50 then as I understand it, it will possibly move to Logandale. I'm supposed to hear more on this soonish... PLUS... Many guys have mentioned they've had it with Calico for a while... Many of the North Vegas guys haven't been to Bootleg... EVER... SO until we know where exactly we're G6'ing I'd probably hold off on planning Logandale.. BUT if we don't G6 there.. FOR SURE we all want to go back there...

prime_310 10-30-2013 10:44 AM

I see Redstone G6 happening. Scale House Rock will likely be there;-) likely. I here few people want to start compin again. I know JJ can and has host comps as SouthernMonkey. I'm down to support that too.

doublej 11-01-2013 10:19 AM

We can set up and run whatever we want - The only 2 questions are where and what format/rules?
Yall tell me and it happens without much effort. Setting courses and running rules is a lot easier than people make it out to be.

greggreg2011 11-01-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublej (Post 4531987)
We can set up and run whatever we want - The only 2 questions are where and what format/rules?
Yall tell me and it happens without much effort. Setting courses and running rules is a lot easier than people make it out to be.

mnt charleston and whatever style