Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: Prison Hill.... WOW!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Prison Hill.... WOW!

New to the area as I am coming from the East coast. Today I had the pleasure of crawling at Prison Hill in Carson City after doing some research on local spots. This place blew my mind! I spent nearly 5 hours out there and even ran into a few other people who I crawled with. Does anybody Hit up this spot on the regular? I will probably start going most Saturdays as it is an hour drive from my front door.

Last edited by Danger Close; 04-27-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Danger Close is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Prison Hill.... WOW!

been burning up a few batteries on my comp rigs some of the last few sundays when time and working rigs allow. i just moved to carson city a couple months ago but have been playing at prison hill since about 2011.

have you been running any of the rocks in the middle of the place? i've only been staying close to the road but found the road i was looking for, too get to the rocks we used to comp on a few years ago.

where are you coming from? i might know some rocks closer for you too check out.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I make the drive from Coleville CA every Saturday to play at Prison Hill (about an hour drive). I always go to the South Western side where all the trucks park for the dirt bikers. I'm sure you are familiar with it but there is a nice rock formation there right by the road.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Will have to make a trip to Prison Hill. Do you have any street names in Carson City to help me find my way there?

In Reno, I usually crawl at three places: Wingfield Park (island in the middle of the Truckee River), Sun Valley Regional Park (park on left after the second speed bump entering the park) and "Moon Rocks" (out the Pyramid Highway).
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:58 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Will have to make a trip to Prison Hill. Do you have any street names in Carson City to help me find my way there?

In Reno, I usually crawl at three places: Wingfield Park (island in the middle of the Truckee River), Sun Valley Regional Park (park on left after the second speed bump entering the park) and "Moon Rocks" (out the Pyramid Highway).
You would come down 395 and make a left on Snyder Ave. You take that down until it T's and then make a right continuing on Snyder (prison hill will then be on you left) and make your way around until you get to the park entrance, there will be a huge rock formation on your left just before the entrance. I usually play on that rock formation but there are so many other areas in prison hill that can be crawled.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Anyone going out there Sunday? been going out there every Saturday for a solid month and have not seen anyone. feeling lonely
Old 08-07-2019, 07:21 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Close View Post
Anyone going out there Sunday? been going out there every Saturday for a solid month and have not seen anyone. feeling lonely
I think that most of the Prison Hill regulars show up on Saturdays. I am retired; so, I show up whenever...LOL
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:06 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

trying to get some practice in before nationals in 6 weeks. ran some gates with the super and pro rigs last sunday and trying to do the same this sunday. i work most saturdays and sunday when i get the urge is best for me.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote

Prison Hill.... WOW! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prison Hill! May 4, 2014 Nvghostrider Nevada 12 05-09-2014 10:34 AM
Team m.r.b. At prison hill cushdog58 Scale Videos! 1 12-16-2013 06:15 PM
Scale day at Prison Hill rhett314 General Scale Talk 18 03-29-2012 11:36 AM
Sham-WOW guy in prison Pete from Houston Chit Chat 24 06-25-2009 08:23 PM
Prison hill sunday the 8th Werty Made Nevada 3 02-07-2009 06:45 AM