RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Nevada (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nevada/)
-   -   Prison Hill.... WOW! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nevada/608260-prison-hill-wow.html)

Danger Close 04-27-2019 10:09 PM

Prison Hill.... WOW!

New to the area as I am coming from the East coast. Today I had the pleasure of crawling at Prison Hill in Carson City after doing some research on local spots. This place blew my mind! I spent nearly 5 hours out there and even ran into a few other people who I crawled with. Does anybody Hit up this spot on the regular? I will probably start going most Saturdays as it is an hour drive from my front door.

sumquak 05-15-2019 08:35 PM

Re: Prison Hill.... WOW!

been burning up a few batteries on my comp rigs some of the last few sundays when time and working rigs allow. i just moved to carson city a couple months ago but have been playing at prison hill since about 2011.

have you been running any of the rocks in the middle of the place? i've only been staying close to the road but found the road i was looking for, too get to the rocks we used to comp on a few years ago.

where are you coming from? i might know some rocks closer for you too check out.

Danger Close 05-18-2019 09:11 AM

I make the drive from Coleville CA every Saturday to play at Prison Hill (about an hour drive). I always go to the South Western side where all the trucks park for the dirt bikers. I'm sure you are familiar with it but there is a nice rock formation there right by the road.

Still Bill 05-24-2019 12:41 PM

Will have to make a trip to Prison Hill. Do you have any street names in Carson City to help me find my way there?

In Reno, I usually crawl at three places: Wingfield Park (island in the middle of the Truckee River), Sun Valley Regional Park (park on left after the second speed bump entering the park) and "Moon Rocks" (out the Pyramid Highway).

Danger Close 05-25-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still Bill (Post 5937566)
Will have to make a trip to Prison Hill. Do you have any street names in Carson City to help me find my way there?

In Reno, I usually crawl at three places: Wingfield Park (island in the middle of the Truckee River), Sun Valley Regional Park (park on left after the second speed bump entering the park) and "Moon Rocks" (out the Pyramid Highway).

You would come down 395 and make a left on Snyder Ave. You take that down until it T's and then make a right continuing on Snyder (prison hill will then be on you left) and make your way around until you get to the park entrance, there will be a huge rock formation on your left just before the entrance. I usually play on that rock formation but there are so many other areas in prison hill that can be crawled.

Danger Close 06-04-2019 05:09 PM

Anyone going out there Sunday? been going out there every Saturday for a solid month and have not seen anyone. feeling lonely

Still Bill 08-07-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danger Close (Post 5940175)
Anyone going out there Sunday? been going out there every Saturday for a solid month and have not seen anyone. feeling lonely

I think that most of the Prison Hill regulars show up on Saturdays. I am retired; so, I show up whenever...LOL

sumquak 08-08-2019 08:06 PM

trying to get some practice in before nationals in 6 weeks. ran some gates with the super and pro rigs last sunday and trying to do the same this sunday. i work most saturdays and sunday when i get the urge is best for me.