Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > New England Monster Showdown

Notices

Thread: New England Monster Showdown - May 14-15 - Fort Wetherill, RI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #401
"GOD SPEED"

Default Re: New England Monster Showdown - May 14-15 - Fort Wetherill, RI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandon View Post
I just decided to skip lobster and fried and go straight to fire engine red!!!!!! Mission accomplished!
I heard your urine helps with the sting lol

"GOD SPEED"
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #402
RCC Addict

9 hours of driving down, 5 to go.....

Great weekend. Good freinds.

Huge shout out to Bc Brian and the boston crawlers crew, alot of hard work went into this weekend, and it showed. Hope to do it agian at that epic location.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #403
Rock Stacker

Well I just got back home been a epic weekend thanks for the great time guys!! And beest don't rccrawler and drive its against the law
KCCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:28 AM   #404
Custom Carbon Fiber

WOW is all I can really say - there really wasn't one part of the weekend that I liked best. From meeting long time forum friends for the first time to seeing the excitement and passion in every drivers performance. It really was an incredible weekend.

First BC-Brian ......... Hats off buddy. Even a dead last still would have been a great weekend for me. Thank you!

Sponsors - Thank you all! From course sponsors to product sponsors to monetary sponsors - Thank you!

The sequestered finals - omg! Loved that format, Fish's score updates, being dragged in one by one, time to think and plot. It was definitely a course for the final round.

Next year for sure! Congrats to everyone!!
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:17 AM   #405
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerby149 View Post
I heard your urine helps with the sting lol

"GOD SPEED"
Wish you would have told me that yesterday morning!!!!!
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #406
Pebble Pounder

I have to give a huge shout out to BC Brian and all of the Boston Crawler guys for putting on a stellar event! I had an amazing time up there in RI with all of you. You put on one hell of a comp.

Also a big thanks to all the sponsors who supported this event. Got myself some cool CowRC pit mats (1 each day in the raffle) and a sweet rear plate from Barry's R/C Carbon. Thanks guys!
cjsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #407
Pebble Pounder

If you weren't in Rhode Island, here is the view you were missing all weekend!!

cjsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #408
"GOD SPEED"

As stated above by many this comp was well organized and the vendor support was awesome and the work put into it sure shows, so a big thanks to all the guys that helped coordinate this event, it was awesome. It was great to see everyone and new faces. And congrats to all the top drivers, this was a comp to remember.
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #409
Pebble Pounder

PICS! Here are some pics from Day 2 and mostly scale. Enjoy!
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
Xtacy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #410
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtacy33 View Post
You got some great shots man! Thanks for posting them up.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:29 PM   #411
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtacy33 View Post
These look great man, thanks for getting some awesome shots. Do you mind if I re-post a few of them up on FB or RCC?
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:38 PM   #412
RCC Addict

Had to collect my thoughts for 24 hours to get this put together

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the New England Monster Showdown this past weekend. We had drivers coming from near and far (Norway 3000+ miles east and Cali 3000+ miles west) to be part of this event. Everyone in attendance really made the event as great as it was and went out of their way to make it a better event. Thanks to our Sponsors the drivers had a chance at our $2750 Prize Pool as well as a drivers giveaway on both days. Mother nature embraced our two days of fun and gave us perfect conditions for our headline 2.2Mod class on Saturday and conditions on Sunday would have been perfect if it was not for 30-40mph winds all day.

Saturday - 2.2 Mod Class
Saturday our 2.2 Mod drivers took to the courses at 8:00am for the morning session, 3 courses in 4 hours working on Team Format. Everyone's enthusiasm for a great event made this go smoother then I could have ever hoped. The courses were fantastic, I tip my hat to all the designers. Every course had fun gates and was completed by 9-10 of the drivers. They all closed at Noon and the Live scoring gave drivers an idea of what they needed to do to chase the cash for the afternoon session.

Noon to 1:00 brought on our first Driver Giveaway, every driver walked away with something and there was enough left over to do it again the next day. We saw Speed Controllers, Tires, Chassis, Wheels, Tons of Carbon Fiber, and a plethora of other awesome goodies go to grateful winners. Photos Here

1:00 afternoon courses open. 4 more hours to do 3 more courses, fantastic designed courses again but this time they were a little tougher. All were still completed but some saw only a handful make it through the final gate.Those who knew they still had a shot at a $1000 first place felt the pressure build as they completed each course, would it be enough.... As time passed the weather continued to be as perfect as one could want, when the clock struck 5:00 courses closed and a moment I was dreaded never occurred. That moment you hear that someone sank their rig into the ocean....... The great course designs coupled with awesome drivers and smart spotting meant that everyone's rigs stayed in the comfort of dry land.

It had been announced earlier that the finals course would see the top 10 drivers take their best shot to be in the top 8 payout, but it had also been announced that the finals would be sequestered and random run order. Something I had always wanted to try. All the final drivers were given 10 minutes to walk the course together and then they were all taken away to an area where nothing could be spectated. Each driver would take on the gauntlet alone, no spotter, just driver, machine and rocks. The only information being what the driver ahead of them had scored. Little did I know when it was announced in the morning I would be part of the sequestered group in the afternoon. I can't speak for the other 9 finalists but It was oddly peaceful passing the time away with them in the woods knowing there was nothing I needed /could do until it was my turn to go.

Fast forward one hour as the last driver was finishing with the course with a sunset at his back. In the end 7 of the original 10 had finished finals, with scores ranging from +26 to - 19, and it had done it's job of mixing things up a bit.

In the end, $2750 in cash sponsorship support would be scattered across the globe, with money going to the South (Troy and Barry), West (Jake), Europe (Arve), and proudly some staying local (Bob, Dan R, Brian, and Dan P.)

Sunday - 2.2 Shafty, 1.9 Mini, Super, 2.2 Trail, 1.9 Trail

Sunday was our day for everything else, we had 40+ trucks ready to do their best in their respective classes. Mother nature was holding out but reminded us it was our last day on the rocks with 30-40mph winds all day. Shafty and Trail started off our morning. While our Comp Drivers built 4 awesome shafty courses Jermaine B. was putting the finishing touches on his sprawling trail course.

Shafty drivers found themselves back at it again, on terrain still warm from our Mod rigs the day before. Two of the courses were a bit tricky but found most of our drivers managing their way through, while the other two demanded higher focus to make it to the end. We had a great spread of scores which is exactly what we are looking for out of a great set of courses. Troy Winner pulled down the "W" in Shafty with a -109 while Jake Wright and Jens Kurland followed closely behind with a -96 and -85 respectively.

Trail drivers had their chance at a great sprawling course covering a huge trek of Fort Wetherill rock, complete with steep climbs, winch pulls, water, mud, and a bridge. 11 drivers made their way through the course with their 1.9 rigs. Through carnage and some broken bits 3 victors emerged. Ben Murray took home first place with Marshall Storance and Derek May following closely behind. In the meantime the 2.2 trail drivers took to the course in a time trial challenge. Jermaine Berry got the checkered flag at 3 minutes 14 seconds. Marshall Storance was nipping at his heels with a 3:42 and Amy Green clinching 3rd with 8:14.

As the clock struck Noon our Shafty courses closed and we fired up our SECOND Driver Giveaway of the weekend. Another great set of prizes handed out to nearly every driver including more Speed Controllers, chassis, Tires, Work Mats, scale parts, banners, etc. Photos Here

The day wore on and the wind continued relentlessly. Mini drivers rallied around a single challenging course while New England and Norwegian drivers worked to conquer 2 great super courses. The second Super course provided some added excitement as wind and waves crashed up on the rocks dangerously close to the course. When all was said and done Local Bob F. taking the win in Super with Brian D. and Jens K. chasing in 2nd and 3rd. Barry S. landed the gold in the Mini class with Jake W. pulling 2nd on a loaner rig and Billy G. rounding out 3rd.

As both organizer and driver I could not have asked for this event to have gone any better. A sincere thank you to everyone that showed up and took a part in making this event great, and a Huge thank you to those who went out of their way to put in the extra effort. And one more time, hats off to our sponsors, the goal of this event was to put a huge prize payout on the line for the 2.2 Mod headline class and it would not have worked without your help.

Castle Creations, Holmes Hobbies, RCP Crawlers, RCBros, Purpmart, Lattice Innovations, Keystone Splatter House Graphics, Custom Fiber, Krazed Builds, Y-Town Crawlers, Boston Crawlers, EPARCC, Krawler Konceptz, DLux Fab, Ottsix, Dinogy Lipos, DravTech, Barry's RC Carbon, 149 RC Worx

Follow the links below to see lots of photos.

2.2 Mod Class

2.2 Shafty Class

Super Class

1.9 Mini Class

2.2 Trail Class

1.9 Trail Class

Trophy Photos

Giveaway and Sponsor Photos

Everything Else

Last edited by BC-Brian; 05-21-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:47 AM   #413
Rock Crawler

Back in Norway after a fantastic trip to the epic spot Fort Wetherill
We really enjoyed comping and hanging out with all the friendly,helpful and skilled drivers !!

A BIG thanks to the guys who put this Showdown together,-you know who you are,-hats off to everyone of you !!

Thanks to all the generous sponsors,-really awesome !!

A truly memorable weekend !!

JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #414
Rock Crawler

Were the scale results posted up somewhere? I cant seem to find them anywhere.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #415
RCC Addict

Scale results and everything else from Sunday are posted above /\ or click here /\

Last edited by BC-Brian; 05-21-2016 at 01:51 AM.

New England Monster Showdown - May 14-15 - Fort Wetherill, RI - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fort Wetherill Park - Jamestown CAIRN Rhode Island 15 08-27-2012 09:43 PM
hello from england mast0d0n Redcat Crawlers 4 03-05-2012 01:19 PM
This is how we do it in little old England Dam Scale Videos! 6 02-28-2012 09:07 PM
Anyone crawl in England? CreamLad Outside the US 3 05-19-2008 06:36 AM
New England Get Together kona_joe Massachusetts 2 12-08-2006 06:29 PM