Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > New Jersey

Notices

Thread: new sj guy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #1

Default new sj guy!

Like the title says, new here to this forum from sj. Been into all things rc for about 5 years now, just recently got into crawling. Im currently in the middle of building a scx10 rubicon to how I like it. It should be done in hopefully a month or so. I also have a hpi crawler king that ive done a few mods to, but that is getting passed onto my fiance when my scx10 is done. I live I the wenonah/deptford area, and work at the turnersville automall. Interested in getting together witb some other crawlers! Let meknow whats up where people go in the area!
mjt63086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #2

Heres a couple of my scx10 build, just trying to keep it simple mostly, decided to build it from scratch because I figured id be upgrading it anyways, so why not do it from the start! Aluminum shock towers and trans plate. 4 link setup for the front and the rear with custom links, axial aluminum upgraded steering links. Proline tsl sx super swampers. Havent decided on wheels yet, but will be soon.

Heres a couple of the crawler king, got a few things done to it because it was horrible stock, lol. First I got rid of the 3 link and went with a 4 link with custom made upper links and strc bent lower links, new wheely king springs along with some touring car springs up top, this completely eliminated the torque twist that these things suffer from. Converted it to steering servo on the axle, made my own rear lock-out. Motor is the atomic 35turn with a traxxas xl5 esc, reciever is in a waterproof wheely king reciever box. Proline flat irons on the stock beadlock wheels, painted up a blazer and went to town through the woods!!

Thanks for looking!!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #3

Default Re: new sj guy!

Welcome, we have a small informal group that gets together Sunday mornings in the Vineland area. Usually Parvins state Park or south Vineland park. let me know if you're interested and again Welcome
fisherkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #4

Give Ceres Park in Mantua/Pitman a try. Good for trail running. My son and I run our Wraith/Deadbolt combo there and always have a great time.
philsacbm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #5

I have a few people that I run with. Also have a nice backyard course that I'm still adding to. Hit me up
fuzzygace83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #6

i work in pitman and pass that park every day.. never even thought to go there thanks man!
billzkustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #7

Im down to get together somewhere! Hopefully all this rain stops soon and the trails dry up!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #8

New to crawling myself looking for a group in the vineland area. The guys at my local hs said there's a group that hits up parvins and crystal lake.waiting on my g6 kit
slmvwtattoos is offline   Reply With Quote

new sj guy! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new guy Diesel demond Newbie General 5 06-13-2013 10:29 PM
New guy guy here need helping choosing crawler Qcustomz Newbie General 10 09-23-2012 10:27 AM
r/c guy not computer guy. roscoeisthecool Comments, Suggestions, and Help 72 03-14-2010 01:09 PM
new guy satin's truck Newbie General 4 11-02-2006 02:09 PM