RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   New Jersey (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-jersey/)
-   -   north jersey rc crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-jersey/486909-north-jersey-rc-crawlers.html)

jmolina 03-11-2014 01:16 PM

north jersey rc crawlers

hey whats up everyone, am new on this and i want to know where the ppl from north jersey go to ride their crawlers, any mountain or road??

Mammoth4x4 03-11-2014 01:35 PM

Re: north jersey rc crawlers

I have yet to go out trailing with my JK but I would like to check out Garret Mountain in Paterson and some of the trails at William Paterson University. PM me if you want to set up a meet this Spring. Also check out GSRCRC.com its a forum for rc crawling in the PA, NJ area.

jmolina 03-11-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mammoth4x4 (Post 4705338)
I have yet to go out trailing with my JK but I would like to check out Garret Mountain in Paterson and some of the trails at William Paterson University. PM me if you want to set up a meet this Spring. Also check out GSRCRC.com its a forum for rc crawling in the PA, NJ area.

nicee, am from paterson and i was thinking to go there and check it out.

m1009cucv 03-13-2014 01:54 PM

im in livingston nj right near the south mountain reservation. i go to micro center in paterson.

TLTGUY 09-02-2014 09:52 AM

Micro Center in Paterson? There is a crawl spot near there?

ZeroCool 09-27-2014 05:51 PM

Wassup guys. I'm from the same area. I'm in Wallington and there's a pretty cool park with a nice wooded uphill and I nice set of woods behind one of our schools. I'd love to meet up and crawl wit ya guys. I'm running an SCX10. What bout u guys?

Cartman4241 01-27-2015 11:36 AM

I am from east hanover looking for a good spot to run.

Farabomb 03-02-2015 02:16 PM

Lived in Nutley for 30 years, been in Vernon for 5. There are many parks in the area so I'd think it isn't hard to find a place. Garret Mountain, Mills reservation (off normal ave, right by MSU also known as freak's peak) South Mountain all should have places to play. I still have family in Nutley but I haven't brought the rig down there yet to scope out places.

If you want to drive a little farther there are TONS of places in the West Millford area. A lot are on Newark watershed property but getting a permit is pretty cheap. You also have Wawayanda state park off Clinton road (and in my backyard) with a ton lot of places to run. I just have to go outside. I have a ton of rocks in my backyard and many trails around me so I'm a bit spoiled.

I am sick of the snow though.

Dengri 06-19-2015 08:19 PM

Hello everyone!
The main issue is not where to crawl - but with whom to do it, imho.
My workplace just moved to Little Ferry from upstate NY. Love crawling but don't have guys who to crall with. How about meeting somewhere?

Exclusive RC 07-04-2015 11:28 PM

Im in, always available (perks of making your own schedule :) )

Farabomb 04-25-2016 04:48 PM

Not sure what you consider upstate NY but I"m just over the border from Warwick NY in Vernon. No lack of terrain here if you like trails.

I've spent many hours in Wawayanda with the dog, the woman and some beers. She's actually a bit pissed both the rigs are acting up right now. The SCX10's FX-R is being a pain (will run for a second then stop. All lights show the ESC is working properly but no movement) and the wraith's stock ESC lost it's blue smoke. Pretty sure the sealed can's brushes wore out and dead shorted it.

When I sort those issues and it's not a race weekend I'd be down with some trail drives with good people.

khoods 07-09-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmolina (Post 4705404)
nicee, am from paterson and i was thinking to go there and check it out.

its ok if you want real close but skyline drive first parking lot is awesome. just up 208 to 287 2nd exit.

khoods 07-09-2016 04:38 PM

garrett mountain is ok behind the castle and down that path. but short. skyline drive first parking lot the trail to the lake is real fun go there a lot my night crawler ran for 3 hours up and down finding the hardest paths to take up and then back down.

Donny939 01-11-2017 05:33 PM

hey my name is donnie. I just built a yeti. I mainly race but wanted something to bash with. I'm from west Milford but I live in Rutherford now. anyone in the area no any good spots? I know shadow hobbies has a nice setup

MikeTheDiabetic 01-25-2017 08:29 AM

i second skyline drive. its awesome. Also Track Time Raceway in west milford has a an indoor and out door track as well as a crawler course.

Farabomb 04-02-2017 03:06 PM

I've seen Track Time but haven't managed to stop in yet. Pretty much stop at any park or even better, wawayanda state park and there is more than enough terrain to have a blast on.

I go to wawayanda with 2x 5000mah packs, the woman and the dogs and you can easily do a 3 hour hike. Get a cheap pass for Newark watershed hiking and you have TONS of terrain to go play on.

Giftedcrawler1 04-08-2017 06:02 AM

Any1 in bergen county area

Giftedcrawler1 04-16-2017 10:57 AM

Whats up

Wm Racer 10-10-2017 06:55 PM

I'm in West Milford, moving up to Orange county ny soon, anyone still going out to play? Jungle habitats bike trails are great for crawlers

7ShadesBlack 07-07-2018 09:07 PM

Looking for people who might be interested in doing some trails and crawling Passaic and Bergen County I go up to Garret Mountain alot. I have a TRX4, Beast 2 6x6, and Alpha Patrol Boat. If anyone wants to meet up let me know Im open to other locations too. The video is me crawling at Garret Mountain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPAruaGsvk&t=197s