Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: San Ysidro Use Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default San Ysidro Use Issues

Just found out that we are suppose to have permit to use San Ysidro.

The permit fees is $90/year. Will keep you posted on.
frankenstunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Bla... Stupid BLM.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #3

i just went to BLM and checked out the key for the weekend. i asked the girl behind the counter about a permit and she said individuals or family groups didnt need a permit to use the area. she said if there is an event going on then there may be a need for a permit but she didnt know for sure. soooooooo maybe brother wayno and brother james and all the other brothers and sisters can go for a sunday crawl and not need a permit. wonderin how many times we could get away with that???
crawldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
Oliver Custom Knives

That is kind of the way it needs to be presented to them. They told me up here that we were organised ,and it is an advertised event , but that since the organization is not making any money , all of the entry fees go back to the winning drivers , that we didnt need a permit. He said " so its just like a group of friends getting together and placing a small side bet on who is going to win " , "Yes sir" I said . I think if it is approached in this manner then there should be no permitt needed.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Do we even have to mention the MONEY part?
minifaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by minifaron View Post
Do we even have to mention the MONEY part?

I would , just so they know about it. We were caught by the federal ranger , he SAW us paying money in entry fees. If a Ranger was to show up during sign ups then it would already be out in the open.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Tony and myself went to the BLM yesterday to talk a lady there about getting a permit.She told us somethings that contradicted themslves.all the rules for each secter are different for different areas.San ysidro only allows trials bikes and no other motorized vehicles period.we tried to explain to her what exactly we had and waht we are doing.she said if it were up to her it would be ok,but she has to follow federal rules.she will be faxing me all of the statutes,and to make a written proposal as to why we want to use the land. the blm ruling commity meet two times a month.So hopfully we can the ball rolling and get something done.The whole process is suposed to take 120 days.We are looking for other spots to hold comps as a back up.Reguardless we wil keep on this matter to obtain a permit for next year so that there will be no problems.
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
i just went to BLM and checked out the key for the weekend. i asked the girl behind the counter about a permit and she said individuals or family groups didnt need a permit to use the area. she said if there is an event going on then there may be a need for a permit but she didnt know for sure. soooooooo maybe brother wayno and brother james and all the other brothers and sisters can go for a sunday crawl and not need a permit. wonderin how many times we could get away with that???
When are you heading out??
Old 04-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

So my dual hamster powered "HOA" rig should be fine with the BLM. It basically works like a bicycle other than the remote steering.

Sorry nothing really constructive to add...

other than move state finals to Farmington
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd44 View Post
When are you heading out??
with all the mess going on about permits and so forth i decided not to go this weekend. i cant afford a huge fine just because someone cannot look in a dictionary and see the definition of "vehicle". i quote" means of land transportation: a usually wheeled conveyance used on land for carrying people or goods". this is straight from:
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

unless someone has a bunch of those little blue fellers (smurfs) hangin around, i dont see where what we have can be called motorized "vehicles". i could be wrong though.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Are you kidding? My fat ass rolling down the wash while hiking up there would do more damage than any of my crawlers!

As far as the family thing goes, heck yeah.... we're just one big and happy dysfunctional family, right?

I'd be cool with Farmington as well.... 3RB baby!!!!!! It'll probably snow though....
RAM2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Anyway we could hold this thing inside somewhere? Perhaps we could build a course out of foam, fiberglass and stuff. We could all pitch in and try to get a little love from sponsors?
minifaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:47 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Anyone want to go to white wash on Sunday?? Say around 10 or so? I need to test and tune some. I know it is no San Ysidro.. but hey..
Old 04-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #14

Added link to pics..
Rthlss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rthlss View Post
Added link to pics..
What link?What pics?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Any luck on San Ysidro or another comp spot?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I hope everthing works out. That place is wicked. Is this $90 for the year?
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

That's what it sounds like.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
I hope everthing works out. That place is wicked. Is this $90 for the year?
Yeah $90 a year.we just need to get a good written proposal to to get around the no motor vehicle crap.We might en up at white wash or there is another spot out at the rock house that Tony and Hal found that is nothing like the normal spot.Nothing but traction!We have a few more places to check out.Will keeguys posted.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmmotorsports View Post
Yeah $90 a year.we just need to get a good written proposal to to get around the no motor vehicle crap.We might en up at white wash or there is another spot out at the rock house that Tony and Hal found that is nothing like the normal spot.Nothing but traction!We have a few more places to check out.Will keeguys posted.
james the way ive read the rules is the main problem is going to be having the comp without a permit. the rules state if you lay down a course and collect entry fees then you are having a comp which does require a permit. i think their definition of "vehicle" does not apply to our rigs as they do not fit the definition. sooooooo i think the main problem is with the comp clause and not necessarily the rigs. you told me what the lady said, but she didnt bother to look up what a vehicle is. maybe you can use that in your proposal to blm and maybe it will help with the process. just a thought.