Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: Attention Poo Water Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Attention Poo Water Crawlers

I am trying to schedule a trip up to "Tank Trap" Santa Fe. I would prefer to take two vehicles, incase one of us gets stuck. I have a winch,so I'll be taking my rig.I can hold 3 more people plus gear.I talked to Kuen and he could probally drive, but will not be available until the 6th or 7th of May.He could take 3 more also,your gear would go in my truck.So,who would be down to go with us? This would be an all day event: 8am-???pm.Let me know what you guys think i.e. dates that work for you,when your off work etc,etc.Thanks.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i can go for sure. if i can get a ride up there form you or what let me know what time it is and if you cant find anyone eles to drive i can get my mom do go so.
MGS511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i will be their i will have to get a ride up their with u like we talked about as my car wont make it.
rockcrawler505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Alright sounds good.FYI you will need 4WD to get to ground zero.I would say that you could drive into the trail about 4-5 miles with 2WD but after that you will need that extra axle.Avrey?Avery?Avree? We'll work something out to where you would meet us at the entrance and hitch a ride in. Okay so we have 2 people.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Well My Mom Has A 97 Gmc Yukon 4x4. HEY ROCKCRAWLER HOW LONG YOU LIVED IN TAOS?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #6

Thumbs up

I will be there for sure. so long as i can hitch a ride. I live in the tijeras canyon. I have been to santa fe once to the mall, willing to drive atleast to the trail and hitch from there or maybe catch a ride from burque. I have sunday monday off. What happened to the ideaof camping out?? I thought that would be cool. I have a big tent that sleeps eight and another that would sleep four easily. Anyways, yeah i'll be there but no 4wd.
Lvninprds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

Thumbs up

I will be there with my big bro Lvninprds. I'll need a ride too cause he is my ride. lol.
PACHTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like fun, I should be able to go. My wife might be interested in heading up, so I'm not sure how many others I could take. I'll talk with her later about it.

I'd be happy to drive up, I've not taken my Jeep out 4 wheeling this season yet.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i have lived in taos all my life born and raised
Old 04-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

REALLY you might know my dad or uncle. my uncles name eddy baca hes a contractor over there and my dads name is Floyd
Old 04-21-2006, 07:41 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

yup i no eddy
Old 04-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

You Work With Him Or For Him. Well Yha So When Is The Date To Go Up To Santa Fe To Go Crawling.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #13

Thumbs up

Next weekend is what was mentioned this past weekend. But maybe not until later if we are gonna wait for Keun. Havent seen that dude in a while, not since i had a stockrig lol, I'd be willing to wait until we can get a pretty good lil turn out for this get together. We should try to get as many people as possible every weekend.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Update

Well from the looks of it the date is 30 April.Who can roll up there? It's not in stone but that is the date we are leaning towards.Lemme get some feed back.I will mention this at Tramway tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:08 AM   #15

I'm down dj. On another subject, great crawl today. Cloak lost a screw and i came to the rescue. By the way, Very neat tlt pete. You were the only one to crawl that vert rock and with nice form . Also Colquit had a lil breakage. And i got a pick of the tlt's that showed up today. Sorry you had trouble with your truck floyd. I'm not the biggest fan of nylints. But i have to admit, DJ's is pretty cool. OH!!! After everyone left Keun and I crawled a lil more and he did something i thought to be absolutley amazing. He said that he had only done it once and he did it again. I tried to get him to do it again for a pic and it just wasn't happening. Maybe next time.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lvninprds; 04-23-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

If any body has Keun number could you give him a call and see if he could give the frame to some body close so i can start building mine. Oh and joe you said you had a tlt kit but you dident want to sell the axles i looking for some old one or some thing so i can start i am trying to make one befor tank trap so.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Details

Floyd,I'll give him a call. He has a serious drive to & from work, so he does'nt get home until late. As for axles good luck finding some.I'll keep a look out for you.As for the Tank Trap run,everything is looking good so far. I need to flush out my radiator and check out my tire. So right now I'm not sure if I can take my truck.Be ready to make this an all day trip guys.We will meet at 8:30am at the Walgreens off of 1-25 and Paseo Del Norte. It is the one right next to Lowes.From there we will drive up to Santa Fe. The longest it should take us is 90 mins. From there I'll pick up Avrey and we'll ride in. From there it's crawlin'. Maybe we can do a get together lunch or something.More details to come.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

DJ, if you've got the room for the rigs (at least one of my big ones), I can certainly take 3 (4 uncomfortably) people in my Jeep. We can put a few of the TLTs in the back of my Jeep plus the water.

I do have to remember to stop by and get my spare tire fixed though, it has a slow leak which needs repair. I'll do that on Friday.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:11 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Default Room

I can fit 5 TLT's and 3 big boys in the back.Again, I can take 3 guys with me up there,then pick up Avrey (4) when we get into Santa Fe and roll into Tank Trap.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Looks like there is 7 possibly 8 volunteers. I am in. They are threatening rain for Sunday (ha, ha).

Yukon may have enough clearance if there are no running boards otherwise you might as well rip off the running board before the trip.

Drivers need some experience wheeling to get to tank trap.

For those that cannot meet at Paseo and San Pedro Walgreens the best place to meet is at the corner of Santa fe bypass frontage road and Caja Del Rio dump road.
frankenstunk is offline   Reply With Quote