Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: Big Boys Toys is under new ownership

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #1

Default Big Boys Toys is under new ownership

Hey guys im Adrian, im the new owner of Big Boys Toys in Albuquerque. First off i know alot of people in the hobby weren't to happy with the previous owner and the quality of the shop in the last few years. I apologize for this and i am working very hard to change things. Just in the last 3 months since iv taken over, we have added alot more to our inventory and are still getting new stuff weekly. Iv been trying to get out and meet everyone in all parts of the hobby here in town, an so far so good. Id hope to earn everyones business!! im open to any suggestions or things you would like to see on the shelves here at the shop.

Hopefully here soon i get to meet all of you!! and look forward to many long years doin business with you guys!!
bigboystoysnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Hey it was cool to meet you yo, I'll be in I'm sure always need stuff haha
philtSF505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
www.ottsix.com

Default crawler body

Do you have any crawler bodies on hand? Where are you located? If you carry RC4WD stuff, that'd be cool.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
Do you have any crawler bodies on hand? Where are you located? If you carry RC4WD stuff, that'd be cool.
Juan tabo and indian school. I have maybe 2 or 3 crawler bodies right now
Old 05-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Hello Adrian,

Glad to see new ownership of BBT's,I do wish you much success. As you might of read a previous topic on a competitor in town `An Idea` and may notice our hobby is kinda overlooked. We would love for you to come out and watch our comps, see how RC rock crawling is evolving, and see what a stock, off the shelf Axial, Venom, Losi can become with steroids.
Our state finals are being held down south in Las Cruces NM at a place we humbly call Little Moab and speaking for everyone here welcome you.
Again, good luck with your future endeavors.

Andrew
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Glad to see a new face behind the name. Its cool to hear that youre increasing stock, but what about decreasing prices on kits. Parts/Batteries were never a problem as much as the kits. At times I was seeing a 10%-12% mark-up from what Hobby Proz was selling it at. Where are you trying to take BBT?
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Glad to see a new face behind the name. Its cool to hear that youre increasing stock, but what about decreasing prices on kits. Parts/Batteries were never a problem as much as the kits. At times I was seeing a 10%-12% mark-up from what Hobby Proz was selling it at. Where are you trying to take BBT?
From what i understand from customers, we are usually around the same price on kits. mark up in this industry sucks, and online stores make it even worse. Im trying to stay a competitive as possible, but still keep the doors open.

As where i plan on taking the store? So far we have increased inventory, and still doing so. Im slowly moving out diecast models and other dead stock, which made room for paintball and airsoft stuff. We also just got our first shippment of pit bikes!! Basically trying to make this the coolest store in ABQ!
Before purchasing the shop i spent a week in Cali checking out all there hobby shops and how awesome they were, so now im trying to bring those ideas here!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltchkr View Post
Hello Adrian,

Glad to see new ownership of BBT's,I do wish you much success. As you might of read a previous topic on a competitor in town `An Idea` and may notice our hobby is kinda overlooked. We would love for you to come out and watch our comps, see how RC rock crawling is evolving, and see what a stock, off the shelf Axial, Venom, Losi can become with steroids.
Our state finals are being held down south in Las Cruces NM at a place we humbly call Little Moab and speaking for everyone here welcome you.
Again, good luck with your future endeavors.

Andrew
well as also said in that thread, someone have asked them to come out at see but someone said they have lives of there own besides r/c.....My shop is my life, Im here right now and were closed for the holiday, just to respond to all the forums!!! Iv been trying to hit all the events and meetings i can. Let me know when state is and ill be there!!! The only way to grow my shop is to grow the hobby in general. I think NM has tons of potential growth that hasn't been tapped.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboystoysnm View Post
well as also said in that thread, someone have asked them to come out at see but someone said they have lives of there own besides r/c.....My shop is my life, Im here right now and were closed for the holiday, just to respond to all the forums!!! Iv been trying to hit all the events and meetings i can. Let me know when state is and ill be there!!! The only way to grow my shop is to grow the hobby in general. I think NM has tons of potential growth that hasn't been tapped.
june 25th in las crusas is the state comp. i for one will definitely be there and i hope to see you there as well Adrian

hell . . . . if you can there is a sportsman national event in co. on june 11th which is being put on by my team owner rmdesignworks if you can and if your interested
Chappy4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

RC's? Airsoft? PitBikes!? I'm there........nuf said!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Gonna have to make my way up to that side of town and say Hi. I have not been in that shop in well over a yr.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote