RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   New Mexico (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-mexico/)
-   -   August 11th Springer NM (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-mexico/383656-august-11th-springer-nm.html)

bigboystoysnm 05-15-2012 01:32 PM

August 11th Springer NM

Hey guys I was contacted by the Chief of police in Springer NM which is up in the NE part of the state about there annual county fair. They want to make one of the man events for the day an rc race and crawl event. I have full access to county land, equipment, and natural material( rock and dirt), even some money to make this happen!!!!! they will provide county workers to do all the labor also!!!! they expect 10,000 people to show for the days events!!!!! Im leaving this up to you guys if you wanna support as a club. It will take some time and funds for me and the county to make this happen but i think it will make for a hell of a fun weekend getaway!!!!!!

let me know asap guys what you think. im also getting responses for the offroad club to build the offroad race track.

DKSnipes 05-15-2012 05:32 PM

Re: August 11th Springer NM

sweet "thumbsup"

roglum 05-15-2012 06:12 PM

for sure. that sounds like a great idea and i for sure am interested. let us know what we can help with. "thumbsup"

msd44 05-15-2012 06:13 PM

I'll say I am a maybe. I have no idea where I will be by then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hittman 05-15-2012 07:12 PM

I am a maybe as well. Not sure what i am gonna be doin then.

NMRCC\losi 05-17-2012 01:07 PM

Whats with all the maybes??? Theres plenty of time to pencil this into your schedule. oppertunities like this dont come around that often. Lets get together for an awesome event, and promote what we are all into!
WEAK turn outs do nothing for the club!!!:flipoff:

scomck5 05-18-2012 04:42 PM

Sounds like fun count me in, Also be willing to help out if needewd.

darkmanx 05-18-2012 09:01 PM

Can some of us 4cRc2 guys get in on this?

msd44 05-18-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkmanx (Post 3738932)
Can some of us 4cRc2 guys get in on this?

Come one... Come all I say! :)

bigboystoysnm 05-24-2012 01:02 PM

Im waiting to see what the NM guys are gunna do before i invite the Colorado, OK, and TX guys to come play. Everytime we have an event all the outa town guys show and no locals.

The Crawl Space 05-28-2012 08:51 AM

We as a shop would be possibly interested in the event if we're allowed to set up a tent or booth for the crawling aspect.
Don't need to sell anything persay (we would probably have to get a temp NM state tax license) but just help promote the hobby. We have demo rigs for the public to try "thumbsup"

Let us know the dates and we'll be there "thumbsup"

Wants2Crawl 05-29-2012 01:19 PM

I am new to crawling but have been doing RC for a long time. As a matter of fact, my new crawler is being delivered today! :) I am going to talk to my wife and see if she wants to come up with me and have my son up there too. Do you know if there is anything that my wife, and maybe my five year old, can do if they are not watching the crawl? I need to practice for sure, but this Albuquerque guy wants to be there.

Crawlers do it better; slow, methodical, and sideways.