RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   New Mexico (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-mexico/)
-   -   hobby proz 6-7-14 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-mexico/494833-hobby-proz-6-7-14-a.html)

stick-boy-rick 05-12-2014 08:13 PM

hobby proz 6-7-14

hey guys,
I talked to bobby at hobby proz today, on june 7th he wants us to hold a scale/comp crawler show and tell. he will also be having a crawler sale in the store. we will be having this in front and center of the store, he said he will block off the 3 parking places out front. this could be huge for the club so attendance is important, if only a few guys show up it will make the club look like a joke. this is our opportunity to reach out to the public and get more active members for both comp crawler and scale. I need to get back to bobby asap (like in the next 2 days) to tell him that the date is good. he has to have time to get the flyers printed up for this event. keep in mind that this is not a scale comp, just an afternoon to show and tell. bobby is a great guy and for him to offer up his entire store front to us means that he is more than willing to support our club.
I need to get intouch with one of our members that has the portable obstacle course (you know who you are "thumbsup"). that will be the main eye catcher for this whole thing, hence why we will use up the parking places. basically if we could set up a mini drivers challenge from last year to demonstrate our rigs. please let me know what you think asap so I can get back with him. thanks guys, rick

all24 05-12-2014 09:29 PM

Re: hobby proz 6-7-14

Sounds good to me "thumbsup" I will have to get the TF2 together for this….. I hope more people talk about this event… Hobby proz needs the attention and business

msd44 05-12-2014 09:32 PM

If I am off, you know I am in! I just don't have a schedule out that far yet.

stick-boy-rick 05-12-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all24 (Post 4774571)
Sounds good to me "thumbsup" I will have to get the TF2 together for this….. I hope more people talk about this event… Hobby proz needs the attention and business

Thanks dude, would you be willing to bring your obstacle course?

stick-boy-rick 05-12-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msd44 (Post 4774577)
If I am off, you know I am in! I just don't have a schedule out that far yet.

I know you will do your best buddy. Thank you"thumbsup"

Hittman 05-12-2014 09:56 PM

Date works for me. Ultra rig will definitely be ready by then.. Will bring the crawlers too. It will be nice to show people the difference between a crawler and a scaler.. Plus the different types of each. Good job Ricky Booby"thumbsup"

stick-boy-rick 05-12-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittman (Post 4774600)
Date works for me. Ultra rig will definitely be ready by then.. Will bring the crawlers too. It will be nice to show people the difference between a crawler and a scaler.. Plus the different types of each. Good job Ricky Booby"thumbsup"

Thanks man!
Everyone who has both crawlers and scalers, bring everything. This is NOT limited to just scalers. This is how we as a group can educate new comers"thumbsup"

all24 05-12-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick-boy-rick (Post 4774580)
Thanks dude, would you be willing to bring your obstacle course?

Defiantly !!! what about some rock too?

scomck5 05-12-2014 10:15 PM

Several bridges I have "Yoda voice" An Obstacle you need. "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Hittman 05-12-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all24 (Post 4774613)
Defiantly !!! what about some rock too?

You wanna go get some? If you bring the truck, I will help load it. Could get some granite, lava, or if you want to drive, sandstone.

msd44 05-13-2014 06:35 AM

I have a a bunch of rocks I can donate to the cause as well!

Kcco!!

fj40jay 05-13-2014 08:49 AM

count me in..and I have a front yard full of nice rocks..this should be cool.

dubAron 05-13-2014 10:11 AM

I'm in! I'll be off that day but I may have to a little early cause I have tickets for the UFC fights that night if anything I can just leave my rig with one of you guys and get it later.

crawl-o-matic 05-13-2014 01:31 PM

If I'm off, I'll be there"thumbsup"

Hittman 05-13-2014 06:23 PM

Just confirmed the date with Bobby. We are on for the 7th.

Don't worry about bringing rocks, I don't want you guys to mess up your personal set ups, then not come home with what you brought. Allen an I will get it handled."thumbsup"

MAHitt63 05-13-2014 06:58 PM

Outstanding job stick-boy-rickey bobby. Hobby Proz has generously supported the club and I will definitely be there to help out, hang out and have some fun. Looking forward to it. "thumbsup"

Mudeater67 05-13-2014 07:11 PM

Hey we are going to be town for that weekend so jaycee and I are going to be there too. We will bring are Rig'z too. "thumbsup"

msd44 05-13-2014 08:53 PM

What time are we talking?

Kcco!!

stick-boy-rick 05-13-2014 10:00 PM

I want to start off by saying thank you to all the club members for doing this. this event will be huge for the club, the only way to grow is to get more active members.
this event will be at 12:00 noon, and last until we decide to go home.
as far as rocks are concerned, lets leave them at home. last time we did this with rocks, truck beds got beat up and it was a big mess to clean up afterwards. I think with the bridges and the portable obstacle course, that will be sufficient. we may have to get creative on holding the bridges in place but we'll figure that out. I cant stress how important member turn out is. last year when we tried this only 5 guys showed up. its hard to promote and organized club to possible new comers when theres only 5 guys standing there. not only will this promote our club but bobby is counting on us to.
eggbert, thank you for letting us know, it will be great to have you guys and you know that your always welcome to our events.
thanks again to everyone this will be a fun day"thumbsup"
SCOMCK5.....no crazy hat.........wear a crazy yoda mask"thumbsup"

Hittman 05-14-2014 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick-boy-rick (Post 4775573)
as far as rocks are concerned, lets leave them at home. last time we did this with rocks, truck beds got beat up and it was a big mess to clean up afterwards. I think with the bridges and the portable obstacle course, that will be sufficient.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but to properly show off our ROCK crawlers, shouldn't we demonstrate on rocks? Crawling only on wooden bridges doesn't represent what the club does as a whole, or even what these rigs can do. Personally I don't think it will be a problem.. That's why I said one person will commit to bringing rocks. But if you think it's best not to, then I understand.