Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > New York

Notices

Thread: Please help with a new usrcca club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Post Please help with a new usrcca club

hey guys my name it Dalton Kayser. you have probaly seen me pos in this area but i was just woundering. (this mainly for every one that lives in up state new york) i am thinking of making a crawling club/team in the are of upstate new york. if i do plan on going on with this i would porbally like to make our meeting place at racing city hobbies in south glens falls. they are putting in a new in door rock corse. also if you do start doing comps in this indoor corse we will have to take on the USRCCA rules.

if you would like to help me out with this please post up with a name that you think we should use. AND PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE How to get your club recognized by the USRCCA THREAD.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THIS THREAD
How to get your club recognized by the USRCCA

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO REPLY DALTON KAYSER
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I hope you guys get something going. We can then have state finals! wooot
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
RCC Addict

ya it would be nice but at the moment it doesnt seem like any one likes this idea.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The problem is most people don't check this. Find the local crawlers through hobby shops and start spreading the word. People will come.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
RCC Addict

ya but there is only about 2 or 3 hobby shops in my area and none of them i know of have a any custamers for a crawlers but ill look into that too. one question thought you ever heard of a hobby shop in ny that name is compition hobbies. there not in your area there over by me but i was just woundering if you ever heard of them.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Nah, can't say that I have.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #7
sbb

"(this mainly for every one that lives in up state new york)"

Hi Dalton,

Just an observation, but as we can see in this map, Upstate New York is the entire state, north of Manhattan. It includes Buffalo, Fort Drum, and even Binghamton. Some die-hard Long Islanders would even claim Montreal and Ottawa.

That might be part of why there's little response. "Upstate" isn't a 10 mile strip between i87 and the Vermont border. I'm thinking most people think you mean "Capital Region".

You were asking for name ideas... "Capital Crawlers", "Tri-City Trialers"... "The Adirondack RC Expedition Club"! There's lots of great features, and tons of rich history to draw ideas from in your area.
sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
RCC Addict

well personaly i think that if you can make it to the place of the comps then you are in the upstate region. every bobies welcome and all people can comp. im just hoping sence this will be the first rock corse on the east side of the state that it would be cool to make our oun team/club. i would love to have people give a name and also if they think this is a nice idea.

if you live in between the area of i81 over to the new york border of mass. conn. and vermont. and from the very top of the state up by canada all the way down to long island you are welcome to come and welcome to give input.

if you live on the west side of i81 you will be able to comp with every but i would please just like input from the people in this region that i listed. but if you already run a comp in this state i will take input from your past experiances.

Last edited by venomcrawlerdud; 03-17-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Don't forget about the people in Syracuse and Watertown or even north of there. I'm 2.5 hours north of Syracuse and would love to have a place for actual competitions.

Last edited by Airmaxx23; 03-21-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Airmaxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
RCC Addict

see this is actualy what i mean thanks for your input, sir
Old 03-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Default I live in brooklyn vvvvvv

If you're near mass. then your about 2-3 hours north right ? are you near I-87?If you're in the boonies I'm pretty sure gps will help !!
im2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
RCC Addict

wait who you talking too? i live about 20 miles north of albany and like 5 or 10miles south of saratoga springs. im in the little towns of ballston spa, malta, and milton. i live in malta go to school in ballston spa and milton is just apart of my school district.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Default whoa !!

Your wayyyyy north ! boonies
im2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #14
RCC Addict

yea but the new corse that is going to open up is like 30 miles away from were i live so
Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Not sure you've read how to set up a new club, but you'll need more than 1 course...and lots of attendance.

Too be honest if you are struggling to find people in this "area" you want, you might look to expand it some and stop expecting everyone to come to your small neck of the woods. Michigan has only 1 club for more state than NY and even then we have an out of state guy traveling 3+ hours to comps.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
RCC Addict

well yea i guess the area could be expanded. ok so lets go with this, every one in the area of the NEW ENGLEND states (you know that name for all the these states from social studys class) are welcome to attend and are welcome to be apart of this new hopely adding club.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Not sure you've read how to set up a new club, but you'll need more than 1 course...and lots of attendance.

Too be honest if you are struggling to find people in this "area" you want, you might look to expand it some and stop expecting everyone to come to your small neck of the woods. Michigan has only 1 club for more state than NY and even then we have an out of state guy traveling 3+ hours to comps.
Well put.

I'm part of GSRCRC (Garden State RC Rock Crawlers) which basically covers:
NJ
Eastern PA
Parts of southern NY

We even have a member come out from LI!

Most members are from NJ though, central to southern NJ mostly. I live on the NJ/NY border, so most of my comp travels are 1-2.5 hours.
We have ~7 comp sites in EPA/S. NJ/C. NJ.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Just scanning down this forum, I see people posting from Middletown NY, Syracuse, etc. Maybe post a link from this thread into their threads?
Don't make them look for you, you go find them.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote