RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   New York (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-york/)
-   -   Rochester NY Crawling (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-york/559949-rochester-ny-crawling.html)

GreendogExceed 03-20-2016 10:36 AM

Rochester NY Crawling

Is there anybody around the Rochester NY area that has places to crawl or may know where its cool to do so. Would really like to hook up with fellow crawlers to RC with. Please let me know.:ror:

Z0MB13 03-21-2016 03:30 PM

Re: Rochester NY Crawling

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreendogExceed (Post 5469730)
Is there anybody around the Rochester NY area that has places to crawl or may know where its cool to do so. Would really like to hook up with fellow crawlers to RC with. Please let me know.:ror:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-y...-2015-a-2.html

Greendog. We are looking into doing a once a month RC club here in central NY. I'm from Penn Yan. "thumbsup"

jgporter22 03-29-2016 02:21 PM

I'm in the Syracuse area and I would love to be a part of that. Anyone nearby with their own custom comp. crawler??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

63comet 03-30-2016 05:59 AM

There's a bunch of us near Buffalo and just south of it that are into scalers and try to get out once in a while. Sometimes it's hard with people's busy schedules.

Z0MB13 04-09-2016 04:58 PM

Finger lakes region here. Will hopefully make it out next Sunday to stonybrook park in Dansville NY next Sunday."thumbsup"

GreendogExceed 04-10-2016 07:52 AM

You will have to let me know next time you plan on a adventure, I am always game for being in!:ror:

drzoo2 04-10-2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreendogExceed (Post 5483469)
You will have to let me know next time you plan on a adventure, I am always game for being in!:ror:

I sent am email to the group yesterday but yours bounced back. Could you send your contact again. I copied it verbatim from our PMs

Sent from my XT1575

Z0MB13 04-17-2016 06:09 AM

Going to Stony Brook Park in Dansville NY today. "thumbsup"

Mdanylak 05-05-2016 07:19 PM

MakinTraxx R/C track is looking into a crawler course on the side of the property to be built this summer.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/497914537018537/

Its in Rush, NY just south of Rochester. Bout 15 min from Gates where I'm located. 390 south to exit 11, then left onto Honeyoye Falls #6 bout a mile down on the south.

The track is fantastic if you've got an off-road racer, see the pic on Facebook. They also built a pulling course for that group this spring.

Just bought 2 SCX10's for my son and I, looking forward to puttering around there between heats.

drzoo2 05-05-2016 07:21 PM

Interesting. I raced there a few years ago but got out of it in favor of scalers. I drive past there , Honeyoye 6 everyday through Rush

Sent from my XT1575

Z0MB13 05-29-2016 06:32 AM

Going to Stony Brook Park in Dansville NY today. Yes rain or shine I am going to Stony Brook today!

Vin dog 05-29-2016 09:38 AM

Sprain Ridge in Westchester. See it all the time on utube. There are mounting bike trails and large rocks for us scalers. Haven't been there yet but trying to go. I live in Long Island and crawl Central Park. Now that the weather is nice all the spots to crawl are covered with people laying out in the sun on the rocks.

Jkates828 06-05-2016 06:49 PM

I live in gates NY and go out to Hamlin state park, there are a couple of nice crawl spots on the beach. Long runs of large rocks, running an almost stock wraith and i have a blast."thumbsup"

evilunclefred 02-18-2018 08:39 AM

I’m in irondequoit. Tom from performance hobbies said there is a group of guys out here that meet up but their fb is private. That was a year ago and I can’t remember their name. I’ll swing by hopefully this week. My buddy has yet to get a truck so I’m driving solo. Be more fun in a group

austin.desmond16 02-13-2019 08:21 AM

Hey all, I am in Chili and looking for some folks to do some trail runs and crawling with. I have a few spots I like to go but am always looking for new ones and company...PM me with any group info "thumbsup"

Fudge 03-11-2019 09:11 AM

Im in rochester, have a TRX4 (yes I am on of those guys) have a few custom builds (that i don't wanna break so don't crawl those) and recently (yesterday) bought two ECX Temper 2 crawlers (and mashed them into one crawler) for fun and its pretty beastly... anyways id be down to meet up with some guys (id even drive out somewhere if needed) would be cool to drive with more people!
My younger brother always come along too so I'd have two trucks and drivers to add to the mix!!

austin.desmond16 03-21-2019 07:45 AM

Fudge,

I am in Chili and have an Everest Gen7 that I am looking to get out trailing with some people, shoot me a PM and we can chat. Will be picking up an Everest 10 for my girlfriend too in the next few days.

sb4pro 05-24-2019 02:09 PM

Guys a great trailing place is Holley Falls park check it out
https://youtu.be/l4olEQDmuCo

Z0MB13 10-13-2019 07:46 AM

On evil facebook theres the fingerlakes creek crawlers. We pretty much meet up almost every Sunday to crawl Conklins Gully in Naples NY.

mocnyang 11-17-2019 02:56 PM

Been around for a while, been crawling for a while but sold and shelved my rigs for a while.

I have a Redcat gen8 inbound and I’m looking to see if there’s anyone around Rochester that crawls.

I would really like to compete but I also know there isn’t much of that here.

Lmk if your from the area and want to compete. I know of some interest and we could talk to some local tracks maybe and set something up. I feel it’s worth a shot. I’ll have the scale 1.9 and my son has the losi mrc with 1.9 which is in a scale conversion at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk