Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: less articulation=neg score

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #1

Default less articulation=neg score

this weekend a few of us ran quite a bit less articulation and a little more weight with much sucess, about 2 oz heavier front with 4.5 to 4 inches articulation, masher 2ks rocked the comp by far, badlands were ok and so were lizzards.
MinotCrawlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Yep my rig seems a lot more table with about 50 degrees of articulation, but then again I am running a blackjack
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Congrats on the win Mark. You really dominated this comp. Good lines and the right tire choice for the layout.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinotCrawlerz View Post
this weekend a few of us ran quite a bit less articulation and a little more weight with much sucess, about 2 oz heavier front with 4.5 to 4 inches articulation, masher 2ks rocked the comp by far, badlands were ok and so were lizzards.
i found the same thing, as my rig has matured ive lost some articulation but gained a LOT of capability. Its funny becasue my dad is going the exact opposite way and trying to maximize articulation, and is starting to lose some of his capability.

which lizards were people running? stockers or stickies?
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinotCrawlerz View Post

Hi I have a mostly stock scorpion . what did you do to lessen your articulation. I am looking to do the same without getting a new chassis for now.
iconpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default old guy found fountain of youth

so i started w/ a tlt-pede scratch built...lots of articulation(art)...crawled like craptried all kinds of stuff sway bars controled susp(squat)
got an ax as soon as they came out this thing looked awesome!
looked for ways to make it better figured more articulation..maybe running a squat set up..or run it in droop...maybe a little of both....nope....nope....nope so started experimenting with different susp geometries and types..figured some things out ..anti squat n such
____so bottom line _____
less is best ...an old guy feels young ...learn something new everyday
wish me luck ..goin to first nat level comp...east coast nats
going to probably do crapy but not the kind of guy who doesnt try!
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #7

i ran the red axial springs in the back, some super soft associated ones in the front, inside links on the skid, i put bump stops on the shock on the outside of the shaft, mine are 3/4 inches long(allows for quick adjustment with a hobby knife),

my front links are parallel, keep the truck low as well, about 2 3/4 inches hight in the center.
my links on the axles were in the inside and shocks on the outside but both were in the mount braket, not spaced WAy inside like it was when i got it, when I got it i could tie it into a pretzel.

internal springs make it way smoother, i dont have a boomerang but im getting one. they acutally limit the articulation somewhat too.

chads blackj ack did well with a similar low articulation setup.

but this is chuck btw. i finished 4th but had negative scores after i broke drive shafts and fixed them(waiting on pede yokes.)
Old 03-31-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Thanks that gives me some things to try first...
iconpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:31 PM   #9

a stock ax 10 beat a blackjack chassis WITH dig. i thing thats pritty good. buy almost 30 pts. mines stock chassis as well, they are great if you just lower them and limit the articulation, just as capable.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

yep i dropped down to about 45* and netted my best finish ever... with my blackjack of course.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote