Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Cobalt 6t rollout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Cobalt 6t rollout

Hi guys,

I have 2 BMI cobalt 6t motors here, they're most probably both going into one TA03 truck I have (provided they'll fit with the wideners I have set for it). Thing is, to get the speeds I want, they'll have to be geared to give a 50-60mm rollout (distance covered per revolution of motor shaft). Do you think they can cope with such a rollout, provided they'll be in a fairly lightweight r/c and there'll be two of them?
Karadjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadjas View Post
Hi guys,

I have 2 BMI cobalt 6t motors here, they're most probably both going into one TA03 truck I have (provided they'll fit with the wideners I have set for it). Thing is, to get the speeds I want, they'll have to be geared to give a 50-60mm rollout (distance covered per revolution of motor shaft). Do you think they can cope with such a rollout, provided they'll be in a fairly lightweight r/c and there'll be two of them?
Well if its a 7 pole puller then your rollout compared to a regular 3 pole will be more like 21-28mm. Don't know anyhting about racin but if a 21mm rollout is good then you are probably good to go. Not sure about runnin that motor wide open for long periods will lead to good brush life.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

haha there goes my bitching about ppl not posting in the proper forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1822 at rcz
...a rollout of 1-inch (or 25.4mm), which, as luck would have it, will keep you from blowing up your motor in the average application.
So I guess they should be ok, sharing the weight of an already pretty light truck.

HH stocks brushes, right?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I've decided against using them in the TA03, I'll use one in my WK with its new chassis and I'll give the other one to a friend. The ta03 should be fine with 2 stock WK motors.