Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: kyosho usa 1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 02:09 AM   #1

Default kyosho usa 1

hey guys ive just got a 4x4 truck that picked up at the swap meet the other day its a kyosho usa 1 i was just wondering if anyone has tried to covert this truck into a crawler though it has independent suspension and runs motors on the axles some what similar to a clod truck ive built a maxx crawler before so i think locking the axles on the kyosho would be the same as the maxx axles i dont have any pics on the truck yet but just want to get some opinions on what i should
bradahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Woah....change that font....and use some punctuation.

To answer your question, not many folks use a USA1 for crawlers, but dont let that stop you. Like you said, the suspension could be locked just like a Maxx. Give it a shot and post up the results!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:18 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I have nearly completed one, I've just a few details left to handle, I.E. strengthening the notoriously weak stock axles (my method involves cutting the stock shafts in half, then forcing the halves into the inside of some rather large roll-pins of approx. 1/4" I.D. and fixing them there with either epoxy or cross-pins or both, then clearance the inner knuckles for the added shaft diameter), mine flexes quite well but needs gear-down boxes on both motors which will require me to either find compatible wheel hexes (and wheels and tires) or to make wideners for the stock indexing plates...plus other more minor details.
My question is: how in h-e-double-hockey-stick does one post pics?
Thanks.
KnutKase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have to agree with jeremy whn he said dont let that stop you look at it this way if it wasnt for people trying new things we wouldnt have crawlers
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Also, do the stock USA-1 tires climb very well? They don't look particularly sticky, I have Pro-Line Moab 2.2s on my brothers PTI Goliath, but they look way too small compared to the size of my USA-1 and Clodbuster trucks, what do you recommend?
KnutKase is offline   Reply With Quote