Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Help with glitching problem ax10 and servo addition!!Please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Help with glitching problem ax10 and servo addition!!Please.

Hello,

I have an ax10 with the following equipment:

Spectrum SR3000 2.4gHz receiver
JR 590M steering servo
Stock axial rtr servo operating the rear dig
Stock rtr axial speed controller
big Orion 3900mAh battery pack
DX3R Radio

Set up as above was fine, never once had a glitching problem, but I didn't have any steering power, so I put my Hitec 5955TG servo in the steering position and now it glitches like crazy.

I messed with the frame rates a little, that didn't seem to do anything, so I disconnected the rear dig servo, and that seemed to solve the problem.

My question is this: Do I have to add additional equipment to power the servos from the axial speed controller? Or do I need to get a better speed controller, or is the answer something I haven't thought of yet?

Thanks.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

with that servo youll want to run a bec, youll notice a big improvement
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

thanks. I've been reading about them a little, but I haven't quite figured out what they are all about.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:38 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

castle creations BEC. it gives you an external bec instead of using you esc's battery elimination circut.it goes straight from the battery to the reciever not through the esc.

the glitching is caused by too much current being drawn through the esc(both circuts esc and radio) so by seperating the two circuts you eliminate the glitch because neither have that high current draw
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
castle creations BEC. it gives you an external bec instead of using you esc's battery elimination circut.it goes straight from the battery to the reciever not through the esc.

the glitching is caused by too much current being drawn through the esc(both circuts esc and radio) so by seperating the two circuts you eliminate the glitch because neither have that high current draw
thanks, I kept looking at the wiring diagrams and couldn't figure out how it would help.

Let me see if I understand this now; the castle bec will provide the ax10 esc enough current to operate the high draw servo (5955TG) and the stock dig servo (stock axial rtr servo), where as internally the ax10 esc couldn't?

Still doesn't sound all that common-sense to me now, but I'll try that out.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

basically yes. i think you got it.it just makes the esc focus on the motor and the bec focus on the servos.

also when you get a bec make sure you pull the power wire off of the esc lead that goes to the reciever!
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:48 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

oh, I think I finally get it. the esc needs only ground and signal wires with the bec. The bec is plugged into the 'battery' port of the receiver (this stuff isn't even shown in detail on the Castle website!http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...ec_wiring.html , how is a newb like me supposed to figure it out??!).

Now the receiver has up to 10 amps supply?? from the bec, with which to dole out as it sees fit to my high draw servos?

Now it makes sense. I could have figured it out if there were some more comprehensive diagrams on the Castle website.

Thanks a bunch for the replies.