Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Hey!!! Need advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #1

Default Hey!!! Need advice!

Hey im new here but not to RC. (radio control, not rock crawling ) I have already an Axial 28 powered Revo 3.3 (the old 3.3) and a Losi Mirco T completly Stock. i am wondering, is there any crawler kits that i can build without buying anything extra. ive noticed most artr kits dont come with electronics but seeing as i know nothing about whats good, is there a kit for me?

TIA!
Revo Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

There is no kit that I know off that is complete.You could buy the Axial kit or ARTR and figure out what electronics you want. Look around the Axial section of the forums and look at other people's setups.
jcnalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

http://www.shop.rpphobby.com/product...&productId=859
All you need are Tx batteries and a battery pack for the truck.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
ljk
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo Lover View Post
Hey im new here but not to RC. (radio control, not rock crawling ) I have already an Axial 28 powered Revo 3.3 (the old 3.3) and a Losi Mirco T completly Stock. i am wondering, is there any crawler kits that i can build without buying anything extra. ive noticed most artr kits dont come with electronics but seeing as i know nothing about whats good, is there a kit for me?

TIA!
what are you looking for in a artr kit

there are a few like the ax10
the wheel king
ect

then ther is scale stuff it all on what you like most and what you are going to use it for
ljk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
http://www.shop.rpphobby.com/product...&productId=859
All you need are Tx batteries and a battery pack for the truck.

This is probably his best bet,but he's looking for a kit to build.
jcnalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

They have a RTR version of it that has everything and would give you a good start. There will be alot of different things you'll want to upgrade at some point on it though. Personally if I were just now getting into r/c crawling I would go with the ARTR and get a Tekin FXR/55t combo, some battery plates for the axles, and some 8cell 2/3a split packs, and then it would just be a decision as to which radio you wanted to use. Knowing what I know now I wont use anything other than a DX3R, but you can go cheaper starting out. Of course if you're already into r/c you might have something else you wanna use.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Well......then....he can just take it apart first.....then put it all back together!!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

CKRC has Packages that have everything that you need but are not assembled. http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...=index&cPath=5 Take a look at all of them.
Usmc8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #9

let me explain myself a bit better.
i would like a fairly cheap rock crawler for my cottage in northern ontario it would not be used in competions or anything just to entertain me, my bro and my dog. i would like to build it from the ground up, but with stock parts( would like to keep it cheap) i dont want to spend $300 or more for a truck i would use a few times in the summer. i may end up getting used but again would enjoy building it. i would like it to include the same parts an rtr would have, except not put together. is this possible please state, ya or nay. if yay, links or names are amazing!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Ok let me point out something you failed to see or didn't bother to look at.
This PACKAGE INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO CRAWL. The price is 54 bucks more than you got, though, and thats as cheap as you can find with out buying a RTR, then still having to buy a charger and battery.http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...a59446ef026d5a This one requires assembly
Usmc8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:55 PM   #11

ok, thx for pointing that out but if $350 is cheapest then unless i can get my bro to go splits, then thats too much for me.( for now)