Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
use a hose then lube it with some oil wd40 whatever you got
You are kidding.
What about the electronics?
bonmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
RCC Addict

cover your elecs with a balloon or bag. or remove the battery plate and take them off. the motor should be ok. i use simple green to soak in the sun, then the hose to wash it off, and then the AC to get the water out. then some wd 40 for the areas that need lube and another shot of compressed air to remove the excess wd 40.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

WD40 is not lube
BoredGord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #6

Take out the electronics.

Spray everything with denatured alcohol or acetone.

Use an air compressor to remove all the dirt and respray with acetone as needed.

Spray WD-40 over everything and use the air compressor to blow off the excess.

This works with 1/8th scale buggies. Before you go out in the mud you can use a non stick spray to prevent mud accumulation.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
RCC Addict

i take out the elecs and tires and put in in the dish washer then air hose everything off and lube it
Kranberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I simply would prefer not to run my rigs in the mud. I would if I was in a competition to me thats a good reason but never just for fun (unless it was your truck ) but because of the nasty clean up (which I'm not found of ) I avoid getting in the mud like the flew. When I have gotten muddy I wait for it to dry and remove it with brushes of different sizes and stiffnesses I also use a couple of 1/4" dowels as scrapers usually one sharpened with a pencil sharpener and the one carved into a wedge shape. Bodies and tires can be removed and washed. Anything that can be re lubed should be.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

If your going through the mud on purpose, for fun your electronics SHOULD be water proof. If they are, then the good old water hose will do the job fairly good. I personally wouldn't use WD-40, it was mentioned in another thread not to long ago that it does more harm then good. For example, it attracts more dirt, it eats away at the motor parts (slowly). I would use electric motor oil to lube the motor back up and some grease for the gears and what not (tranny, axles). If your not water proof then take the electronics out or watch where you spray.
Squadfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

WD40 is not for the electronics, you put it everywhere else, it makes the mud very easy to get off.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonmot View Post
You are kidding.
if you are in the mud and your not water proof then you will toast something at some point maybe you should ask how to waterproof a rig as well.. cleaning a rig really is not rocket science... and if you are mudding it will ruin stuff wd machine oil who cares the mud is gonna kill stuff before the oil every does..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I just ran my waterproof cr01 today and it got really muddy, after running it I hose it off, then blow it off, and oil what needs oiled.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #13

iv hosed my truck off electronicks and all and she stil lrunes like a champ...
redneck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonmot View Post
You are kidding.
Look at the sticky post under the electronics about waterproofing your electronics. They drive the truck on the bottom of a lake. If that doesnt ruin you electronics then some mud or a hose wont.
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #15