Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: highlift or cr-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #1

Question highlift or cr-01

what one do you think would be better for a beginer highlift or cr-01

i dont only want to rockcrawl but also mudding i was going for the highlift until i saw the cr-01 also im on a strict budget and dont wat to spend over 500 so i was thinkin the highlift because its cheaper but you guys tell me what you think
Rustlerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

well with the cr01 you will get aeay with a 2ch radio, so thats cheaper in the long run. i sold my high lift recently and have a cr01 now. i will say the hl didnt perform badly at all. hte cr01 really hasnt gotten any runtime or tweaking, but it doesnt seem as capable as it sits stock
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I think the CR-01 might be a better fit for you than a highlift. The highlift is fun in stock trim. I had a bone stock f350 HL and I used a DX6 to control the 3 speed transmission. It was not super capable because the stock trans is so low. I ended up selling it. A friend has a CR-01 and it's much more capable at everything compared to the HL. You also have two completely different suspensions. The HL is leaf spring while the CR-01 is linked and sprung with cantilevers. Modifying the CR-01 will be much easier and net you better performance results than the HL.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

For straight up performance you should consider an AX10 with a bushwhacker or cr-01 body. The AX10 will out perform the cr-01.

The 3 speed on the Highlift is fun but the top heavy truck tends to topple over easily in 3rd gear while turning. You will spend a great deal of time and money to make it crawl better only to find out the AX10 or CR-01 will blow it away right out of the box. I have a Highlift Hilux and love the scale part about it though. But for all out crawling fun I use the AX10.

If I could only have 1 crawler it would be the AX10.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm a Tamiya man fan. Get some stars. What are you wanting to do? If you just want to hit trails you can get a Pajero for $150 at Ultimate hobbies. F350's are good and so are the CC01's. The cr01 is good in stock form and will get you addicted to crawling. Once you go trail running with friends you'll want to do more and more then you'll want to build your own chassis with axles. Welcome to the friendly sport of hanging out with friends and playing with expensive toys.
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

i like high-lifts but i went to a hobby shop a month ago and saw a cr-01 and it looks cool.I think either way you go you should make a trailer and tow your rustler on the back.

VVVV edit:found a link that has a cr-01 and went mudd bogging. VVVV

Icon Style CR01

Last edited by TRX 90; 08-20-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: found a link that might help
TRX 90 is offline   Reply With Quote