Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: movement of 4 link suspension.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default movement of 4 link suspension.

does 4 link suspension move up and down in a sagging movement or does it only move by articulating? the last crawler I was checking out was a AX10 and it seemed to have the only articulation movement, but then how is it supposed sag with droop setting? I got pretty confused on this simple newbie question. Also if the upper and lower links are parralel will that let it sag compared to if the upper and lower links are triangulated only letting it articulate?
super mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

4-link will allow the axles to move up if sprung and down if it is a droop setup.Or you could do a half droop half sprung setup then you would have upward and downward movement of the suspension.
If all the 4-link bars were to run parallel to each other you would have to run a panhard bar to keep the axle located side to side.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

ok, makes sense. So does 4 link suspenseion work only in a pivoting motion? Also wat kind of suspension makes it so that the whole axle can move up and down like on monster trucks or just regular trucks? if your only getting a pivoting motion that would make it bad to jump/ or a bumpy ride.
super mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

4-link will move up and down. The shock and spring setup you choose decides if it goes up or goes down or both.
Take a look at a real monster truck they run a 4 link suspension.A ton of rear wheel drive cars run a triangulated 4-link .

So you can run and jump a 4-link just not the best to do with a drop suspension.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote