Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Dig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dig?

Ok,
No I know that this is probably the most NEWB question ever asked, but can any one PLEASE explain what a dig is? I have looked all over the forums talking about them, and I have yet to figure out what it is...

Oh, and plz forgive me for asking this stupid question in the first place, its just driving me nuts to see all these people talk it about them, and have no clue on what a dig is.

Thanks again.
jmantalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

DIG....to put it as simply as I can...front dig is when you disengage the rear axle, rear DIG is when you disengage the front. The most common is front dig, locked and free. When in a free front dig its like having front wheel drive, locked front dig is the same but the rear wheels are "locked" from turning. Doing this will make you turn very sharp. I will let you find out how and when to use it on your own.
SULFUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULFUR View Post
DIG....to put it as simply as I can...front dig is when you disengage the rear axle, rear DIG is when you disengage the front. The most common is front dig, locked and free. When in a free front dig its like having front wheel drive, locked front dig is the same but the rear wheels are "locked" from turning. Doing this will make you turn very sharp. I will let you find out how and when to use it on your own.
Sick ok now at least I know what the heck it is haha! :-P

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me ^-^
Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

Think that we need a sticky atop of the Newbie forum explaining what Dig is...........
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

take a look at this video of my 2.2 comp rig . You will see me use front and rear dig . I use to to make climbs and to push and pull the rig around . http://media.putfile.com/Timetoplaythegame
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

LOL, well Im one of those people who like to knw what ppl are talking about, and be involved, and to have people talk about all these different things, but no explanation is annoying haha, but I'm sure Ill learn in do time. haha
Old 08-27-2008, 03:27 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Dig is a special attachment that turns you rc truck into a backhoe. HAHA just messing here is a video showing what it is used for. Basically just like in real rock crawling dig is used because 4 wheel steering is outlawed. And in most comps it would be impossible to get through without it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PV-8O2UnnA
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Default Man thats a great video nice crawler to

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
Dig is a special attachment that turns you rc truck into a backhoe. HAHA just messing here is a video showing what it is used for. Basically just like in real rock crawling dig is used because 4 wheel steering is outlawed. And in most comps it would be impossible to get through without it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PV-8O2UnnA
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #9

Ok so something that was said just sparked my interest. You said you had a front and rear dig? At the same time? if so can you post a pic. I had no idea that was possible.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Ok so something that was said just sparked my interest. You said you had a front and rear dig? At the same time? if so can you post a pic. I had no idea that was possible.
everything you are needing to know can be found here . Time 2 Play the Game (Badd's OCM)
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Think that we need a sticky atop of the Newbie forum explaining what Dig is...........
There already is. It's called "TIPS, TRICKS, and MORE INFORMATION THAN A NEWBIE CAN HANDLE". The only problem is that they NEVER READ.
crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote