Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: getting back into crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #1

Default getting back into crawling

ive had 2 crawlers over the years. one i got that was a pile. it discouraged me in this sport, so i sold off the axles and got back into racing faster trucks. a friend then got a crawler and it interested me in it. so i bought one of the last tlt's for a rc crawling website and started working on my own chassis. well, the chassis didnt work to well, i started looking around at the prices of chassis, and i didnt have the money so sold those axles and some other stuff and got back into racing again. well now me and the wife are starting to plan for a baby and i can no longer afford to race faster trucks (faster you go the more you break until all the breakable parts are alum sorta thing). well i still like rc's and i like crawling and instead of buying axles and building a chassis im gonna buy one prebuilt or trade my stuff for one prebuilt. well now that you have read my life history (sorry for it being so long) im looking at what kind of truck. i like 2.2's and my friends have them. i like the ax10's design, i dont like the duratrax trucks. and the losi is on 1.9's i was curious which way i should go. get an ax10, wheely king. or buy someone else's tlt based truck. im just stumped on which way to go. any help would be much appreciated, oh and sorry for such a long post
kwellst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I'd say Axial if it's between the 3. About everyone has parts and it works out of the box. You can get it in basic kit form, ARTR with some upgrades included, RTR or just buy what you need like just axles and trans. The axles are about an inch narrower than the WK and are easier to fit on scale rig if you go that route. The Axials are about 3/8's inch wider than TLT's. But if it's a scale rig than TLT maybe the way, it's much easier to get them to fit bodies and to work with 1.9 wheels if your so inclined.

With that being said, I've always been a fan of whatever the local hobby shop carries, makes it more convenient for parts and you support the local shops and usually they will eventually stock what you need if they don't already. Another option is match what your friends has. You can share build tips and parts. Realistically, any of them will work the same, it's just how much time and money you want to put into it.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:15 AM   #3

thanks for the help
kwellst is offline   Reply With Quote