Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: 2 Position Dig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 2 Position Dig

If you get a DNA or similar dig and you only have a 2 position 3rd channel, and you only want Dig or 4WD with no freewheel... will it work?

Thanks
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Yes
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #3

Thats how I am doing it!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Thats how I am doing it!
X2 works for me
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
tjb
Rock Crawler

I have mine set up on Button C on my 3.0, works great...
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I am running the airtronics MX-3 remote. It has 5 models on it to where you can set it up 5 different ways for different vehicles. I set up model one to where the 2 position switch works where up is 4wd and down is front dig with rear locked. Then I just put it on model two and up is 4wd and down is front dig with rear tires unlocked. This way I dont have to go into the remote and mod anything and it will work until I can afford to get a spektrum.
robert97dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
If you get a DNA or similar dig and you only have a 2 position 3rd channel, and you only want Dig or 4WD with no freewheel... will it work?

Thanks

Yes,it'll work...but I'd recommend getting a 3 position switch. For example,at the last comp down at the Ocoee spot....There were 3 climbs I couldn't have made,or they would have been very hard to make without front wheel only. Flipped it to front wheel only and the climbs were allot easier.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert97dodge View Post
I am running the airtronics MX-3 remote. It has 5 models on it to where you can set it up 5 different ways for different vehicles. I set up model one to where the 2 position switch works where up is 4wd and down is front dig with rear locked. Then I just put it on model two and up is 4wd and down is front dig with rear tires unlocked. This way I dont have to go into the remote and mod anything and it will work until I can afford to get a spektrum.
Haha, that is toooo slick. I have a JR XS3 Pro and was trying to figure out some way to continue running it for awhile until I can upgrade to a Spektrum. The XS3 Pro has a 10 model memory, and I only run it on one other vehicle, so I could definitely do that. I know most of the time, I would only need dig with the rear axle locked...but on a few occasions, possibly need the rear unlocked. I can just switch off my radio and start it up on a "Mode 2" or something, genius!
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i have an mx-3 and its set to 4 wheel then flip the auxillary switch for rear lock digs.

i leave the epa for the dig servo on the screen.

4 wheel is @ 3% and then when i switch to rear lock digs it goes to 63%.
if i wanna rear freewheel, i just flip the swich to dig and then back the servo down to 55%.
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Ran mine like that until I got a DX3R the free wheel feature is nice for climbing steep verticals and it will calm torque twist down. But the dig for tunning is the most important. Go for it.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcabner View Post
Haha, that is toooo slick. I have a JR XS3 Pro and was trying to figure out some way to continue running it for awhile until I can upgrade to a Spektrum. The XS3 Pro has a 10 model memory, and I only run it on one other vehicle, so I could definitely do that. I know most of the time, I would only need dig with the rear axle locked...but on a few occasions, possibly need the rear unlocked. I can just switch off my radio and start it up on a "Mode 2" or something, genius!
I wouldn't turn my radio off, I've done that a few times on accident and the speed control went into full speed ahead. Switching the controller between two different models sounds alot safer.
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post

Thanks
I am also going to set mine up this way...the only problem I see is that the servo binds in dig and I cannot adjust it out as my radio doesn't have a trim.
Anybody else have any ideas on how to keep the servo from binding without getting a servo stretcher (no more room!)?
Hyperlite33 is offline   Reply With Quote