Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Whats the best chassis hands down?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 05:23 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
I haven't learned to outdrive the capabilities of the stock chassis in terms of crawling, so I see no need to replace it for now. I will however be going scale soon, but that's a completely different game.
I really haven't either, but I damaged the stock one so I would rather upgrade then stay stock.
Around here, we don't have much for rocks. Its east coast wheeling, logs, hills, etc.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 05:26 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
other than looks it really isn't any different than a stock axial except that it doesn't have as much adjustability. on another note like already said its up to you. I prefer my hustler myself but not everyone likes tubers or droop for that matter. But I would suggest that whatever you end up getting work with it and tune it and drive it alot so you can get it dialed in for your driving style. Just because the GC1 was a national champ chassis doesn't mean it will work best for everyone(it is a really good chassis though). Ask some locals what they run and see if they will let you drive theres.
I love the looks of those, and thought about going tuber. Even thought of trying droop, but not sure if its worth loosing the belly clearance to get up and over logs.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Default comp chassis

If you go to a comp chassis like the gc-2 and sw3 or swx. They are not really as good for bashing as the stock axial chassis. Youll I think at lest have problems going over logs. It meant for low center of gravity.
d-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
Ok I want to upgrade my AX10. I see several different chassis kits for the thing. Whats your pick as the ultimate choice?
for the money and quality and overall performance the mfm black widow
and he does links also now for it but.....
you can use all your stock ax-10 hardware also
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:50 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
This subject is OPINION based...

"The best chassis hands down" is the one that works best for you...
I will have to go with K9 on this one.

Obviously in my sig, I run the SW3. I helped to fund the Bender SWX project... As its been said, get used to driving it and seeing how it handles first. Unless you have already done that of course.

I know of 2 or 3 members in our club that run stock kits (w/driveline upgrades), and ARTR Axial kits and do really well. Purely, they can drive. Then there is me, dumped in who knows how much $$$ into this WK and can't even make it out to a competition due to scheduling conflicts (work).

Take a look at what is available (rcp crawlers, the crawler store, rpp hobby, ckrc) etc. Then pick one and work it.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I really haven't either, but I damaged the stock one so I would rather upgrade then stay stock.
Around here, we don't have much for rocks. Its east coast wheeling, logs, hills, etc.
I know what you mean about lack of rocks. I'm in Manhattan. My crawling is usually limited to wife crawling, kid crawling, couch crawling, shoe box crawling, furniture crawling, etc....
amstel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedsled View Post
i wonder if the better question to ask is what frames you should stay away from (in terms of poor suspension/frame geometry, lack of adjustment, etc.).
Not really, one mans trash is another mans treasure. Someone could easily tell you that x chassis is a huge load of crap and y chassis is the best. If you know what you are looking for it does not matter. All that adjustment just turns into go fast holes when you get it dialed in for your style and terrain.
fatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

wow no idea why this is in the noob section now. Its AX10 specific. Whats the point of an AX10 forum if you can't talk about AX10's.

And I am far from a Noob. I bet I have been in r/c longer then Jason has I am sure for that matter. Anyways...
Old 09-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #29
20K Club

Quote:
wow no idea why this is in the noob section now. Its AX10 specific. Whats the point of an AX10 forum if you can't talk about AX10's.

And I am far from a Noob. I bet I have been in r/c longer then Jason has I am sure for that matter. Anyways...
Its a noob question, like what motor, what esc, etc. As has been said, it is all oppinion based.

The forum sections are for useful tech. Threads like this don't really help people learn anything. Experience is a moot point with threads being moved to noob general.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW View Post
Axial/Bender Customs SWX.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
It will be the SWX when released.
Bender is one guy who is always sharing his setups freely and openly. He spends a unreal amount of time on line answering questions and that alone has helped me better tune my rig. To me thats worth a lot.

I will upgrade to the new SWX as soon s it's available.
I wheel a Bender Customs SW3 with TLT axles.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote