Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: wheel question...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #1

Default wheel question...

So, I've got a couple sets of wheels, each with a strip of weights plus two, to be more even. My biggest question is whether or not I should put weights on only the front, or on both, which is how I have it set up now. I know it changes depending on the circumstances, but I've noticed a few times where my center of gravity is leaning further back than I want.

Also, how much is too much. I love the high end wheels I keep seeing that have the heavy ball bearings, or the ones with the metal slugs, Six-shooters I think they are called. But for now, I'm thinking that the $120-$180 a set that these wheels would set me back could be used elsewhere and the wheels could be weighted down to accomplish about the same thing.

Any input? And on that note, does anyone have any wheel suggestions that would allow me to have more weight on the wheel prior to any additions.

Thanks!
austinquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #2

Search is your friend.

Use stick on wheel weights on the wheel. Put battery on front axle. Lower your weight. Crawl.
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
I've noticed a few times where my center of gravity is leaning further back than I want
so what does this tell you......

its ok i'll wait.....

thats right you got it , take the weight off your rear wheels or add more another layer of weights to the front or do both
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #4

I think, the more I look at it, that my motor and dig unit also sit a little further back that I would like so I may want to move them forward a little. And I do have the battery on the front axle. I'll try changing up the weight set up on the wheels and go from there. thanks...
austinquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Alot of rigs i see run way more than one strip of weights. It depends alot on your personal prefrence and the type of rocks, tires, etc etc etc. If one wasnt enough add another and keep going until you like it. The base rule of thumb that i was taught was half as much weight in the rear, so if you use 4 strips on the front wheels then use 2 on the rear ones. Just remember to make a little mark on them so you remember which ones are front and rear!
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote