Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Cobalt puller 7t??????????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #1

Default Cobalt puller 7t??????????

Any body run this big bad boy with a RC4WD R2 tranny with disconnect? I'm doing a ground up build and I want to use the best parts that I can find. I watched a video of this motor and the wheel speed was crazy but how is the slow speed for crawling and will it fit in the standard TVP configuration? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,

Paul
JPB-rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

They fit fine in the standard TVP like the stock width. Some of the narrower chassis like the GC's I don't think they'll fit in. As far as slow speed crawling they are absolutely excellent, and yes, the wheelspeed is insane. I'm running both of mine with stock AX10 tranny's but I know of several people who run them with the R2D tranny. I think about a 10t or 11t pinion, somewhere around there is what they run.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

IMHO,the Axial tranny is better. Some people like the R2 trannies and they work good for them. I couldn't keep mine together long enough to run much,so I went to the Axial tranny. For me personally,the R2 trannies are geared to low. I ran a 850kv crawlmaster on 8 cells with an 18t pinion and still was wanting more speed. With an Axial tranny,you have a wider choice in gear ratios to choose from.

The pullers are IMHO,the best motors currently out for crawlers. AWESOME wheel speed with BUTTER smooth throttle response from the bottom to the top. The Holmes Hobbies hand wounds are also a very nice motor. The pullers do like power,so you'll need batteries that can deliver.

The pullers will work in the stock chassis and a few others. I designed mine around the pullers and Axial hardware,Cobalt Crawler 5 Comp Chassis
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. I will be using a 2s 2000mah 7.4 lipo to run it and I'm hoping that will be enough power. Raptor man I checked out your Cobalt chassis design and it looks great/versitile keep up the good work.

Any other feedback on the R2 tranny from RC4WD?
JPB-rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB-rides View Post
Thanks for the info. I will be using a 2s 2000mah 7.4 lipo to run it and I'm hoping that will be enough power. Raptor man I checked out your Cobalt chassis design and it looks great/versitile keep up the good work.

Any other feedback on the R2 tranny from RC4WD?
The R2 tranny has been surviving so far behind my 10T Cobalt on 14.4V. I don't have a whole lot of time on it yet, but so far so good. Previously I was running it on 9.6V. That's under an 11lb rig too.

I have a 7T in another rig with an Axial tranny behind it. Yes, the 7T has super smooth low speed control and gobs of torque.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote