Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

View Poll Results: After reading my post,what is the best crawler for me?
Axial AX10 Scorpion Kit 32 49.23%
Axial AX10 Scorpion RTR 7 10.77%
Duratrax Cliff Climber 1 1.54%
Losi Rock Crawler 9 13.85%
Tamiya CR-01 Land Cruiser 9 13.85%
Other (Please specify) 7 10.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: So Many Choices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkelley05 View Post
well, above you said that you saw rtr at the hobby shop but it was expensive. If you're going to get into crawling you need to get that money issue out of your head for starters. If you think that is expensive you definitly dont want to by a kit or artr, because on top of the cost of the crawlers you'll still have almost 300 more just in esc, motor, radio, receiver, batterys. GOOD LUCK!
What I mean is this particular hobby shop's prices are high. You can get the RTR online for $30 or more cheaper. If it was only $10 or $15 higher I'd t hink about it because shipping negates some of the price difference and the hobby shop is local so it's good to support it.

Believe me. I have no issue spending money on toys. In the past year alone I bought 4 R/C cars and dozens of parts - replacement and aftermarket. I've spent probably close to $1,000 just on the vehicles alone in less than a year's time. And that doesn't even include the money I spend on my other toys - street bike, pit bike, and quad.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

My LHS shop is rediculous on prices also. Thats why I only buy stuff from him that would just cost to much to ship. Like wire, fuel tubing, springs, etc. small stuff. But I think you would be better off with the ARTR or the kit ax10. Kit is great because you get to put it together and then you know in detail how to fix anything if it ever comes up. The Good thing about the ARTR is it already has some awesome tires IMO and it comes with rear bent links. But as for electronics all of the ones named CC, Mamba, rooster crawler are all pretty good some may just have the option your looking for. But i think you'd get more satisfaction out of the ARTR or KIT.
Jkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #23

I've decided to go with the Losi MRC. It was the first one that really piqued my interest. I like it because I can use it indoors and still have fun. Plus, it's much cheaper than going with the Axial ARTR so I don't have to spend a lot to see if crawling is for me. I just hope the Losi gets a lot of aftermarket support like the Axial which I'm guessing it will. After I found the Losi MRC for sale online last night I knew I had to have it - can't beat $209.99 for the Losi! Something tells me I'll also be getting an Axial and/or a scaler in the future if I like crawling as much as I think I will!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:32 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

get the ax10 artr it will end up costing less in the long run because it has the option parts there still is more things you cando to improuve it but it is a really good start
kb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb24 View Post
get the ax10 artr it will end up costing less in the long run because it has the option parts there still is more things you cando to improuve it but it is a really good start
Did you read my post above yours? ;) The Losi MRC is on its way.