Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: This is what I was really meaning....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #1

Default This is what I was really meaning....

Something along the lines of this.....

I am getting a berg and was thinking that this body can't weigh THAT much more than the mini bodies.....

and yes, I know enough that that isn't a berg.....lol.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Firstly, there's no reason to start a new thread. You could have put this in your old thread. Secondly, your first thread was in the wrong section, and it was moved, so you put a second one up, also in the wrong section? WTF?

To answer your question, berg axles cost a lot more than axial or TLT axles, are wider, making it harder to stuff the tires under the body, and they don't look at all realistic. Why would you bother? The reason comp rigs run little bodies isn't a matter of weight either, those rubicon bodies get hung up on everything. A little body slammed on the chassis will fit through much tighter spots, knock out fewer gates, and generally work better.

If you're dead set convinced your truck has to be like that, have fun. You might even be the first, and there's nothing wrong with that.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #3

I'm sorry, I wanted replies from Berg owners, not scale owners. I figured there was a difference. Sort of like asking a T-maxx guy what works good on my Losi XXX buggy.....

This is the only forum I found that talks about bergs. If you can list others, I will gladly go there instead.

Last edited by hakmazter; 10-06-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

If you're really wanting to build one with a set of Berg axles, go for it. Only thing is, you'll probably be the only one that will consider it a 'scaler'. Which is no big deal as long as you don't want to compete it in scale class comps. I don't do scalers, so I don't know their class rules, but I would be pretty confident in betting that it wouldn't pass tech for that class.
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #5

Thank you for that answer. So what you are saying is that the Berg is more of a purpose built crawler designed for competitors. Does any of this have to do with the price? I just thought it looked really cool compared to the axial and that is why I wanted one. But if I wanted to compete, the berg with some mods is the way to go.... If I want to drive something up my couch chasing my cat, get something else?

Sort of like buying a Cobalt SS or a Corvette??? Is that a fair comparison?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #6

So I get a Berg, you guys claim the wheels are wrong....Who do the wheels get marketed to on ebay? What wheels are recommended?

Sorry for all the stupid newbie questions...I am new to this crawling concept....and there was no information on the berg in the rccaraction crawler issue....
Old 10-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

The wheels are not wrong they are just to wide..read the sticky about what wheels work with the berg..
And use this
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/search.php?f=151
Good Luck
SuperBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
1. So what you are saying is that the Berg is more of a purpose built crawler designed for competitors.
2. Does any of this have to do with the price?
3. But if I wanted to compete, the berg with some mods is the way to go.... 4. If I want to drive something up my couch chasing my cat, get something else?

5. Sort of like buying a Cobalt SS or a Corvette??? Is that a fair comparison?

1. Both are purpose built crawlers, the berg just is the "thing to do" right now, and it sports several pros over a shafty
2. The price difference is probably due to the materials used. Axial axles are molded plastic, bergs are metal.
3. If you are really serious about competing, I would go berg.
4. Yes, I would, that's too much $$ to terrorize a cat in my opinion lol
5. Eh, yes and no. Shafties can still compete with a berg given the right driver and setup. Personally I just think the bergs are easier to crawl with. No, they're not magical as some say, but they do handle extremely well if set up right..
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

welcome newbie, your in the right thread to ask about bergs - nothing wrong with your questions at all

now go get some berg axles and build a crawler !!
3.3 Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #10

Thank you for the warmer welcome over here in newbies....lol. I wanted to use a whole Berg and maybe get some different side plates and maybe some of those angled lower control arms.

What does everyone recommend for parts? I would assume the biggest servo I can afford and speed would probably be irrelevant...

I know I will be using a maxamps lipo, but that is as far as I have gotten, but it is supposedly in the mail....