Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: MRC Steering Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #1

Default MRC Steering Servo

I just did some mods to my MRC and one of which was relocation of the battery to the top of the servo. Well, now I try to turn when in just a incline with nothing really binding the steering it doesn't want to turn much. It acts almost as if it doesn't have enough torque to turn. I also noticed this before the battery, but not as much. When you hold the MRC in the air it has crazy turn radius, but nothing close on the ground. Has anyone changed out their servo or even noticed this?
Lowgeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #2

The stock servo doesn't have enough power when you start throwing the battery on top & adding wheel weights. Check out my ride i upgraded to a traxxas 2075 twice the power.
hpirs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
CLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowgeared View Post
I just did some mods to my MRC and one of which was relocation of the battery to the top of the servo. Well, now I try to turn when in just a incline with nothing really binding the steering it doesn't want to turn much. It acts almost as if it doesn't have enough torque to turn. I also noticed this before the battery, but not as much. When you hold the MRC in the air it has crazy turn radius, but nothing close on the ground. Has anyone changed out their servo or even noticed this?

Do you still have the stock servo saver on??? if so, try tightening it a little bit, that way it wont be as forgiving. The other side is that you might break the servo...
CLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #4

Well, I'll try tightening the spring and if it breaks, it will be a GREAT reason to get a new one! Thanks for the info guys!
Old 10-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

get rid of the stock servo and upgrade to a full size, search on the forum for servo upgrades
uberalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #6

I thought about going to a full size servo. Thanks for the info. I have a few servos laying around.