Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Need help not working?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Need help not working?

Tonight I finished up soldering everything on my berg. That crap took forever!! I wired up the next FXR ESC dual 55T motor and front and rear dig. I turned it on after I got everything hooked up and I cant set the ESC. It says to calibrate it just hold down mode for 3 seconds and it goes through some chimes and finds nuetral and then the #6 LED flashes then you are supposed to pull the trigger and it finds the end point. Well it doesnt do anything when I pull the trigger. It is a brand new DX3R radio too. I ran it on my axial for a couple days before I tore it down to build the berg so I know that was all working. I have checked and rechecked all my wiring. I even did the quick test thing where the FXR checks all the circuits and then #6 LED just starts flashing.
robert97dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Are you sure you have everything wired up right? You are running 2 55t motors, DX3R radio and reciever, Tekin FXR, CC BEC, 5955, mini servo and 2 dig switches right? any pics? Did you bind the RX to the TX?
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
Are you sure you have everything wired up right? You are running 2 55t motors, DX3R radio and reciever, Tekin FXR, CC BEC, 5955, mini servo and 2 dig switches right? any pics? Did you bind the RX to the TX?
I did not bind the RX to the TX. I was reading in the book about that and I thought that would be for if you are racing. It worked with my rooster no problem without binding so I didnt bother with doing it. I will give that a try and see what happens. I will try to get some pics but dont know how well you will be able to see anything there are so many wires. Also I have my BEC wired up to the servo to where the signal wire is the only thing hooked to the RX and the servo is not turning either but it does have power. So I am thinking it is something to do with the radio.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

try binding it first...
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thats what it was. When I ran my axial I had it on model 1 and I guess maybe it was already binded so it worked. When I set up the berg I switched to mdoel 2.

Now my motors are turning in opposite directions!! I need to reverse the wires on the rear motor and will be ready to go!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

yeah you have to run the rear in reverse.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I got the wires flipped around and it is now working!! Couple things I noticed right off the bat is there are two logs that I climb in my living room and the crawler is like straight up and down and my axial could go straight up it and not loop out. The first time I hit it the front tires lifted and I hit reverse and it didnt back up. You have to push rev twice to get it to back up. I guess I can change that on the ESC setting. One other problem I have is when I flip the button for rear dig the servo move over no problem. I flip it for front dig and the servo will move and then I will start to go and the servo spazzes out and unlocks the tires. So I guess that would just be interference? I have all the wires going to the RX zip tied together. There just is not enough room to run all different wires seperate.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:27 AM   #8
RCC Addict

You should have no interference issues with Spektrum. I have never had an interference issue in the years of running Spektrum since it first came out. It sounds like your servo may be acting up if your end points aren't set correctly.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
It sounds like your servo may be acting up if your end points aren't set correctly.

X2
fishfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

EPAs are set.