Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Kyosho Rock Force

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Kyosho Rock Force

Well I think I am going for the Rock Force. Can any one tell me why it is not the one to get. Before I dump cash I like how it looks and I really hope it a good crawler without alot of upgrades plus I see you can put a high speed worm gear to get some rock racing in. I really just want to go off roading in the wood buy my house. Plus I got these lakes with what looks to be really great rocks for crawler I heard there is a course there.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Because the Losi will be much better.

But if your only doing some light crawling, maybe the AX10 ARTR would be a better choice.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
K_B
I wanna be Dave

If that is the one you want out of all the others, then get it. I've gone against my own opinion and bought what others have recommended and I usually end up getting the one I wanted in the end. The Kyosho is overkill for romping through the woods, but it's a competent, quality crawler and if the AX-10 doesn't appeal to you, then don't bother with it.

Last edited by K_B; 12-16-2008 at 04:51 PM.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
If that is the one you want out of all the others, then get it. I've gone against my own opinion and bought what others have recommended and I usually end up getting the one I wanted in the end. The Kyosho is overkill for romping through the woods, but it's a competent, quality crawler and if the AX-10 doesn't appeal to you, then don't bother with it.
It not that I want to go in the woods . I just want to buy the right truck the first time. I have alot of RC truck and car. maybe just to many
Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
TEAM MODERATOR

The high speed worm gears are a must have IMO. Factory,it's slower than molasses in the winter time. You won't really have to worry about upgrading knuckles,Axle C's,gears,axles,stubs,lockers or anything else you really need to with others. You'll have to really beat the snot out of the Kyosho rig to stress anything. Personally,I think Kyosho stepped on their weenie on a few things,but it's a good base for a rig. Like ANY rig out,or soon to be out,they'll all need tweaks to be comp ready and set up to each drivers taste.

Get what appeals to you and run with it. They can all work very well.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Well I just went and got the Rock!!!!!!!!! I am so PUMPED