Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Newb ?. AX10 rtr & color pack prblms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #1

Default Newb ?. AX10 rtr & color pack prblms

I used search but as with most other forums, I didn't quite get the answer I needed.

I just got an AX10 RTR for xmas along with a color pack and the hardware kit. I followed the instructions word for word (or picture for picture as these instructions go) and I am having clearance issues with the links and the springs saddle on the suspension. Here are some pics of the problem.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks for any help. Also sorry for the pic quality.
GTOAX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Here is how mine is set up, used a spacer and a longer screw, and moved the links in closer to the center of the axle.

awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #3

Thanks for the help. I think I have some extra Axial hollowed out rod to use as spacers. All I need is longer hardware and I'm set. Thanks alot! Also, What's up wiht mounting the shocks upside down? Advantages?
Old 12-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

It looks like if your ride height was lower, the shock spring perches would not contact the rod ends of the new links at all. Compress the suspension some and let the shocks rebound. Ideally, you do want to have some droop. The more parallel the lower links are to the ground, the less chance the spring perches will contact the rod ends. I know you may not want to give up any chassis clearance, so I'd also try what GTO said. Just relocate the lower links to the inner side of the mount.

Last edited by Espeefan; 12-28-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Espeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
TEAM MODERATOR

I think you might have missed a step in the book. There's supposed to be a 3mm spacer between the shock and link at the axle.

That may fix you up. I agree with the ride height thing though. Lowering it down will help with the clearance issue your having.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
I think you might have missed a step in the book. There's supposed to be a 3mm spacer between the shock and link at the axle.

That may fix you up. I agree with the ride height thing though. Lowering it down will help with the clearance issue your having.
I was looking for spacers in the bag everything came in but no luck. I do have an extra steering link though that I can use to make them from. Guess I got shorted from the factory :(. Also Investing in a Bender skid plate that moves the links on the chassis side inboard. Figure that'll help too, right?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOAX10 View Post
Figure that'll help too, right?
Moving the links inboard will help. Triangulating them would be best IMO.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote