Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: questions for the pros !!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default questions for the pros !!!!!

brushed or brushless ???? on and xtm x crawler

I have read a few post saying watch out using brushless I have one novak brushless goat set up and was going to buy another for the rear or I can go with novak brushed set for up for two sets for about the same price Is one better then the other?????

Also I have been reading about broken parts in the axel after only a few hours of use this there a solid fix for this yet? Is xtm sending replacements for this problem??

I just got mine today have to wait on a motor choice so I thought I would ask you guys for your thoughts I would really like to make it as tough as I can before running it. Your ideas and thoughts would be a great help thanks

Also i was thinking about moving to a lipo set up what kind of lipo would you use for your motor choice IE> brushless or brushed thanks
crawlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Right now im running brushless (holmes crawler + sidewinder) on my TLT/axial tuber...but on my new Berg im gonna be running a couple JP customs 45t brushed. I feel with the right speed control you can overcome some of the lack of low end control of a brushless (any of the computer adjustable ESC's) and still have the benifits of top end power and wheel speed, as well as efficiency.

My dad is running a goat system on his axial and loves it.

IMO if there are weak points in the axle i vote brushed just to save the axles...
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks for the info do you think brushless on the x t m x crawler is a good idea or brushed
crawlman is offline   Reply With Quote