Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Rc newbie!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #1

Default Rc newbie!!!!

Hey guys and gals. I new to the whole RC thing. I've been wheeling in Jeeps for at least 7 years now and frankly, I'm tired of dropping a grand on parts every time my rig takes a dump. Scale wheeling is going to be a nice change of pace for me. I don't know the first thing about building or wheeling these awesome little rigs, but I am eager to learn! I do want to make sure I make good decisions with my future build though. All help will be greatly appreciated. I would also lend a hand on any tech or questions on full size or in my vocabulary "big rigs." I have pretty decent knowledge of my junk in that regard. Anyway, thanks for having an awesome site for folks to share ideas on. I look forward to getting to know all y'all.

Casey
casey79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Welcome! This is a great place to learn all about rc crawling. I have only been here for a little over a month, and I know so much more than I ever did before. Have fun!
JamieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

welcome to the site
heminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey79CJ7 View Post
Hey guys and gals. I new to the whole RC thing. I've been wheeling in Jeeps for at least 7 years now and frankly, I'm tired of dropping a grand on parts every time my rig takes a dump. Scale wheeling is going to be a nice change of pace for me. I don't know the first thing about building or wheeling these awesome little rigs, but I am eager to learn! I do want to make sure I make good decisions with my future build though. All help will be greatly appreciated. I would also lend a hand on any tech or questions on full size or in my vocabulary "big rigs." I have pretty decent knowledge of my junk in that regard. Anyway, thanks for having an awesome site for folks to share ideas on. I look forward to getting to know all y'all.

Casey
I hear ya Casey! I run two jeeps listed below and had a full size GMC rolling on 37's before that. I have about $45,000 in my rubicon (including buying it) and I am glad it is payed off. I saw the january issue of JP magazine and got me an ax10 for christmas. You will pick up the sport of crawling very well due to your experience with Jeeps. In fact I used my Jeep knowlege of suspensions to modify mine to crawl waaayy better. Good luck to you. Seems like a good group of guys on here and it aint like getting flamed for saying hi on Pirate or getting into my Rubicon is better than your Rubicon on ROF. If you need any advise ask away and there are many helping minds on here and I can work my grey matter for you too.
supr_fly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #5

Thanks for the welcome guys. Nice to be here. I can't wait to start my crawler now! I saw a turn key one on the opening page called "Venom." Think that may be a nice starter rig?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Hey I am from NC as well. We have a local board http://ncrccrawlers.com/

As for beginning crawling, I would suggest that you get an ax-10 because of the tremendous aftermarket support with wheels, aluminum links, and so on. You can get into the hobby pretty cheap if you buy used in the classified section or on ebay. No matter you decide, RC is definately cheaper than 1:1 wheelin.
j33pownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I was into full size wheelin for years too. The cost is quite rediculous but this rc crawling is a blast! I have a Losi MRC just to get my feet wet and it's so much fun, I'm now looking into doing a 2.2 and I think I'm going to do an axial based build because of the aftermarket support. Anyway keep poking around here and you'll learn a ton!
Smuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 AM   #8

Thanks for the input guys. I'll have to check out that NCRC forum and get on there too. Sounds like that AX-10 is the way to go. I have been looking at some of the Tamiya TLT builds. They look pretty sweet. Kinda what I'd shoot for in the future.