Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Onyx 230 Charger Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Onyx 230 Charger Question

So far, I really like this charger, but there is one hiccup that has happened twice now. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen before on theirs.

Charging a Lipo, the charge amps are supposed to automatically set at 1C based on the mah of the battery. (1.3 amps for a 1300mah battery).

I have 2 lipo setups saved. One for a 2200 battery and one for a 1300 battery. Once now on each battery the charging cycle has started higher than 1C. I think on the 2200 battery it started at 4.2 amps once and the 1300 battery just started at 2.1 amps.

I stopped the charge and reset the charge rate manually, and it's doing what it's supposed to now... but that concerns me. If I ever hook it up at a comp without paying attention at the rate, that could be bad.

Anyone else have this issue??
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #2

Default onyx 230 question

i also just got a onyx 230 and im not shure how to set the peak mv. on my old super brain it automaticaly set is to 20 to30 mv but this one only goes up to 20. not real smart when it comes to this stuff but dosnt the mv stand for how much the battery will hold and if the onyx charger only sets its peak mv to 8 will that reduce the power or life of my batt.i can manualy set it to 20mv but should i or just let the charger detect it.if im wrong can some one tell me how to use this on my new onyx 230 any information on this would help. thanks ps this forum is awsome for new rock crawlers like me

Last edited by rokin wrangler; 01-17-2009 at 12:58 PM.
rokin wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Harvo, I to tell everyone about this charger...way cool system. When you change your settings. Are you pressing change/start..then making the changed...then pressing chage/start again?? this accepts your change...then I go back and watch the settings flash by once again. Only found once that my nimh 1800mA setting was back to the 1500mA..forgot to press change/start button after I set it to 1800...

just a thought anyway.
btw..I typed out all the settings that I made and what number it is, and taped it to the back of the charger for easy access. just don't cover the vents.

rokin. go to the number you want to change. arrows pointed in at the number...press the arrow to the right to setup..press the down arrow till you see the peak voltage, press change/start then arrow up or down to the desired voltage...you can change any setting this matter. when your are done, press the right arrow till the start comes back up with the number of setting you were changing.....hope that helped

Last edited by squatch71; 01-18-2009 at 12:09 AM.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote