Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Anti Squat Adverse Affects?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Anti Squat Adverse Affects?

I have a shafty with a 4 link double triangulated rear. The two uppers mount on the lower side of the 4 link plate. I had just a little torque twist (not much), but I wanted to eliminate it completely. I changed them to the top of the 4 link mount (for more antisquat I think?) and it pretty much wiped out the twist... but

They aren't parrallel with the lowers now. It still has full flex, but at some point does seperation of the uppers and lowers at the axle cause other problems?

Thanks

Kevin-
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
RCC Addict

It depends on alot of things ,weight ,terrain ,driving style and so on
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
Gettin’ back on the horse

What kind of problems are you thinking?
Like damage to parts? Axle tracking?
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
Keep it real

Most likely you will notice the rear tend to be a little more bouncy, and might make the truck feel a little "stiffer", depending on the factors Gatekeeper mentioned already.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
RCC Addict

perfecty said ,you will need to play with it alot to figure it out .Antisquat is just the tire trying to go down to the earth when throtle is applied like Tanis said but to much and you will get a bouncing affect.Running a suspension with the shock fully extended at ride height the axle cant go down but so far because the shock works like a limmiting strap .You will also notice a pushing affect with to much because the rear is trying to push the front and that can make your truck seem stiff when driving offcamber .So I would just try something and see what it is doing that you dont like and try a bunch of different setups until you get it where you are happy
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

You guys pretty much explained the kind of problem I suspected could happen (bouncing), but the stiffness issue is news to me. Are you saying that it may seem stiff and push when I'm turning up a climb from level ground? That's something I need to look for yet.

I think moving the links to the top of the plate has me all set mostly. It definitely got rid of the last little bit of twist I had, but I haven't got to test it enough to know if I have the other issue now. Thanks for the info Tanis / Austin.

Kevin-
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote