Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: unknown crawler on ebay????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydl View Post
its interesting, I like the idea of a super shafty. I haven't seen that before. I sorta thought they were to big and heavy for all the torque need. the size just lends to moa. I think right now it might be worth buying American.
sorry mate but Im not quite sure what you mean, care to elaborate
523revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 523revo View Post
sorry mate but Im not quite sure what you mean, care to elaborate
I think he was talking about the fact that it is a large sized rig, that is still shaft driven. As compared to the typical norm that you see appearing in local Hobby Stores. 2.2 Axial. Super Clod.

Now as for buying American. I think he was under the impression that the majority of this world is comprised of Americans. (Which as you may or may not know, we are under the impression that we make the absolute best stuff in the world, I myself think its a tad wrong to think because I was born in one part of the world I am better than everyone else, seems kinda Hitler-ish)and I actually just finished reading a very interesting peice on the Great Depression, and how the US Government passed a Bill basically making it almost impossible for any item other than US made entering the US. (Just from extremely high importation taxes) The repurcussions of this was incredible, pretty soon American jobs dropped even more so, the rest of the world got into a tit for tat type of deal, and quite a few countries started to reject other countries products. Next thing you know, the article claims that this angst help cause the severity of World War 2. Now I am not a historian, found the peice interesting, since I work at a US manufacturing plant and am very much thankful that our owner has made appropriate measures to keep our market share when other companies are failing, if it was not for this great man, I as well as Thousands of Americans would be out of jobs, as well as some of our branchs of every type of race all over the world. But lets not make this about were we live and such, cause eventually, no matter what EVERYONE loses when they think they are better than the rest.

I hope that wasn't too much uhh, speaking what was on my mind.
justadork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadork View Post
It actually looks like with just a days time of reworking some things it might do OK
thats what i was thinking. drop suspension,move the steering links,lock the diffs,shave axles,move batt.,maybe drive shafts.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #24

aahh now Im with you. I didnt read into the specs far enough to notice the size.

Hi justadork, your lucky your boss took action to help secure your future, a lot of companies around the world didnt think far enough ahead or just didnt see this crisis coming and as usual its the average working man who suffers. Once again corporate greed has brought us to our knees and it might be quite awhile before we can get on our feet again.:-(
523revo is offline   Reply With Quote