Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: newb clod build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #1

Default newb clod build?

I want to build a crawler with clod axles, what chassis do you think would be appropriate for a newb that wants a crawler for compititions? Im not new to rc just rc crawling, Ive owned many nitro MT's and have 2 full size rock crawlers.

Thanks
travis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

do you want a "super class" crawler, or a "2.2 class" rig?

for supers...

if you want a proven chassis that doesnt require any set-up to compete well and is cheap- get the pimp cane from jpcustomrcs.com

i have a hustler as well cause i like the tuber look, but it does require a bit of trial and error to set-up, and isnt exactly cheap. it is wickid cool tho, and very popular. you can get em at rcpcrawlers.com

you could also go with the tcs stick from tcscrawlers.com as there are many people who use it and like it.

the best tvp chassis you can get is still the NN, i believe tcscrawlers.com has them as well.

some people have used the sw2 chassis for a super with success, but it would require some custom fabbing and design for links, shock mounting, etc on your part.

for 2.2 class...

you still have choices that include the tcs stick and jp's pimpcane. i have both in 2.2

either way you decide to go, modded clod axles are bullet-proof. the only downfall to clod axles imo, is when they are used in 2.2- they can be a little too wide and require some simple mods to narrow them down to steer tighter. look in jpcustomsrc.com website under tech info for a better understanding.

you really cant go wrong with any of the above listed choices!

Last edited by jedsled; 02-04-2009 at 12:11 AM.
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sent you a pm, but you can look at a torsion chassis...like mentioned, the pimp cane.
the3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

As mentioned before, the Pimp Can works quite well and is a good way to keep the cost down of building one of these (no need for shocks, links, etc).

Here's an old shot of my 2.2 Clod pimp cane down in Memorial Park:

BTW, when you get it up and running, there are a group of us that hold competitions and you are more than welcome to come out!

http://www.texasrcoffroad.com/txrco_forum/
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #5

Thanks for the input, i have been looking at the pimp cane looks like a good deal. Think im going to go with a 2.2.
travis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis00 View Post
Thanks for the input, i have been looking at the pimp cane looks like a good deal. Think im going to go with a 2.2.
good choice

just get some mayhem wheels in clod offset, and follow the 2.2 clod mods on jp's website and you'll be rockin'!
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote