Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Losi 1/10th Crawler Worth the wait?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #1

Default Losi 1/10th Crawler Worth the wait?

As Title,

is it worth the wait or should i consider a Venom or Axial.. etc.. available over here in the uk already...

The losi does look good though....decisions..

Cheers Chris
hpi_mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #2

I'm waiting for it!
SNPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Look's like a cool truck. From the pic's i seen. But the axial has alot of hop up's for it.
whalebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

i would wait
stubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
RCC Addict

my vote is to go for an axial for now
there is a huge after market for it already and it will take the losi a while to catch up. and the axial is a good platform to get your feet wet in the hobby

eventually you will get addicted to the hobby and end up buying the losi also. by the time you do, more parts will probabbly be available, both losi and more importantly third party
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

like the others said the axial is great out the box and got plenty of hop ups if your funds allow get the axial for now and the losi later if not and you want the losi just wait.

im waiting for mine
perfictsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
~THE SCALE SHOP~

get the axial, have a blast now. no need to wait.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just got back from a comp in utah where a guy there had one... sick. worth the wait. performed great. those losi's are going to kick axials butt.
thescoutmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
RCC Addict

I waited a year to drive one, and must say it was well worth it. Just a few more months, it'll be worth the wait
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

depends on your use...if you intent to comp with your 2.2, then wait. The losi is, by far, better equipped stock than an axial and its cheaper in the long run. It includes a DIG (F+R), better tires, and the losi crawler shocks...those items alone would make the axial more expensive than the losi if equipped. If you are doing a scaler or trail rig, or just building a crawler for personal use/bashing, then no need to wait...you will be happy with either. I will mention that the one thing I think and axial has over the losi (besides aftermarket support), is the different ratio gear sets for the diffs. It will be quite an advantage to overdrive the front axle...
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #11

Well a mixed bag of opinions there.....

i think i might wait... as i dont currently have the funds... and knowing me, by the time i do have enough the losi will be out....:-P

not only do i need to buy the crawler i need all the electrics to (minus batteries, i can use my TC ones )

thanks for your views guys much appreicated.

Cheers Chris
Old 03-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Just wait. The Argument about axial having all the hopups available right now is weak. The losi doesnt need them. Wait, save your money and get good electronics and you will be comp ready out the of box. Ive seen this thing run
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #13
Mic
Rock Crawler

By the looks of what we see on Losi's web site. The new Losi will blow the Axial out of the water. If you are looking to get into a full on comp rig the Losi will be a better bet than the Axial, but the Berg will still be the king of the hill when it comes to full comp rigs.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
By the looks of what we see on Losi's web site. The new Losi will blow the Axial out of the water. If you are looking to get into a full on comp rig the Losi will be a better bet than the Axial, but the Berg will still be the king of the hill when it comes to full comp rigs.
No comment, lol.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.D. View Post
No comment, lol.

x2
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #16

Longer you wait the more money you can save for good electronics and such...that's what I'm doing.... =)
Bigcatnearmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

If i didnt already have a crawler and IF the losi was out now then yes i would get the losi. Would i give up any of my axials or berg or $280 for it now no. Im shure its going to be a good crawler but it wont be lightyears ahead of the axial. Remember the latest and greatest wont help you win comps, a crappy driver + good crawler, doesnt equal good runs and negative scores. Get an axial slowly upgrade it, and then by the time the losi comes out you will be able to crawl much better than if you would have waited.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #18
RCC Addict

i was kinda waiting for the losi, got me a axial ARTR yesterday-liking it.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #19

Yer i understand it will take a bit of practice and getting used to good lines to take etc... but seeing as i dont really have the money atm, i would have to wait anyways. And from all the positive views about the Losi, and my own experience with Losi (i used to own a Losi Touring car) they are excellent.

so on that i think i will have to save and wait for the losi.... and in the mean time do some research on good electrical combos, that arnt stupidly priced......where should i start? some links maybe?

sorry for the questions but im new to this crawling thing......

Cheers Chris
Old 03-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Wait, as it was said before/above.....The Losi really from what I could tell when I was holding it in my hands checking it out thouroughly will not really need anything out of the box but maybe a quick tweek on the suspension to set it up for your style of driving. It will need nothing else. I cannot really think of any after market support it is going to need right off the bat. Unlike the axial. Don't get me wrong, I love my axial, but the fact of the matter is the only thing that IS Axial on it any more are the axle cases, transmission, and links. I think my pops said it best after watching me compete for the last few years with out buying a rig himself, and then watching the Losi rig in action....good things come to those who wait!
ElChupoCabre is offline   Reply With Quote