Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: MAXX Crawler...sort of

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #1

Default MAXX Crawler...sort of

I have never had a crawler before and dont really want a dedicated crawler. I like speeeeeeeed. But crawling has always enticed me.

Ive had tons upon tons of trucks, cars, buggies, even planes, helis, and boats but have yet to find a truck that I really really love. I am tempted to build a realistic looking truck like so many have but its expensive!

So, anyway, I have one project truck on my plate now. A standard out of the box older 2.5 Tmaxx. I want to customize it to be sort of a hybrid like the summit but at a fraction of the cost.

My question is...I have axial AX-10 2.2 beadlock wheels and tires. Of course they dont fit the knuckles on the maxx. Would I just need wheel extensions? Or would I need an adapter kit? Any help is appreciated.
hotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Proble adapter's. But a nitro is going to crawle very good
whalebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #3

It will actually be electric..I have no motor or electronics for it yet, still in the conceptual phase but who knows. Im not a big fan of nitro.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Your gonna need extensions plus the hexes are different sizes, Maxxs run 14mm and most crawler wheels including axials are 12mm.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #5

I know Ill need extensions...and what I cant seem to find is, yes, the Maxx stock hexes are 14mm and the Axials beadlocks are 12mm but does that mean that the extensions for a 12mm hex wont fit the threads on the max spindles?
Old 03-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #6

anybody?? Thought forums were supposed to HELP people. I just need to know if there are extensions for the Axial beadlocks that will fit the spindle of a Tmaxx?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #7

What's your advantage of the axial tires and wheels? Your nitro isnt going to do great as a crawler no matter what tires you put on it.
wearethebucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #8

Did you read my posts? I said...I dont want a dedicated crawler, I want a sort of hybrid like the Summit only not as massive. I also said already that it is NOT nitro, it WAS a nitro Tmaxx, now, its whatever I want it to be.

I am asking this:

Can the 12mm hex extensions, the adjustable ones from hot racing or others, can those that are made for the AX-10 fit on the spindle (axle) of a stock Tmaxx?

I think I found my answer but I have no definite confirmation. IT appears as though the spindle(axle) on the Tmaxx is 5mm, the extensions from hot racing built for the AX-10 say 5mm spindle so Im assuming it will fit. I ordered a set so we will see.

I must say, Ima member of many forums for 1:1 cars, Nissanclub, SHOforum, SHOCAGO, and never have I had a first experience as bad as this one. Does noone on here just want to reply to help someone? Nothign but criticism and sarcasm and NO help. just dissapointing. Especially since Ima brand new crawler, dont know that Im as interested now.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:16 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

if you modify yor tmaxx and use axial diffs the wheels will fit on and the drive will go straight on i think lol.....Why arnt you just going to use the wheels and tires that the tmaxx comes with.im pretty sure that some companys make bedlock rims for t-maxx/e-maxx.

good luck with your build
badnuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:23 AM   #10

Hey man relax, Check out www.novarcproducts.com .you can get standard 12mm extensionsfor axial or 14mm to fit tmaxx.
keep on keepin on.
wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #11

Thanks for the site link. Those arent exactly what Im looking for but thanks. I dont have any Tmaxx wheels and I dont want the bulkiness of them. Ill put up some pics when I get a little but further along in the project but basically if you hybrid the Tmaxx with the Axial Ax-10, thats what I want since I cant afford a summit haha. I dont know how it will turn out but it intrigues me and Im going to try.

My problem with the Axial beadlocks is not the hex size. the hex size is not an issue. The extensions inside diameter meaning the part that slides on the axle and then you either pin it in or screw it in, will that part fit on the Tmaxx spindle/axle? I ordered a set of hot racing adjustable wheel extensions for the AX-10 12mm beadlocks. the axle size it says they fit is 5mm. The Tmaxx axle is also 5mm so Im assuming theyll fit but if they dont, Ill still need to figure something out, maybe modding in the axial axles.