Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial VS Losi mini

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #1

Default Axial VS Losi mini

I am having a very tough decision on which one to get.. Can someone give me reasons why I should get one or the other? I am looking at the RTR for the axial.
crusher44x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher44x View Post
I am having a very tough decision on which one to get.. Can someone give me reasons why I should get one or the other? I am looking at the RTR for the axial.
If its your first crawler you have to ask yourself what your trying to do with the truck, If you have local comps then go the axial, the axial falls into the 2.2 class the losi mini is a 1.9 class. There are probably 100 2.2 drivers to every 1 1.9. If your going to just couch crawl then i really like my Losi Mini for inside. but i prefer my 2.2 outside. the 2.2 is ALOT bigger and a more capable truck. also tons of more upgrades
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
RCC Addict

my first crawler was a MRC,got a build thread on it, sold it a couple months ago. got a kyosho rockforce 1-2 montha ago then an axial ARTR couple days ago.
for me its just easier to work on the 10th scale including realism on the bodies. GL
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #4

Dang.. Its a hard decision.. I would be crawling indoors a lot too, but I want all the mods and upgrades.. Very tough decision.. How hard would it be to would a ARTR? I already have a receiver, and possibly a servo.. How much would it cost?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Dang.. Its a hard decision.. I would be crawling indoors a lot too, but I want all the mods and upgrades.. Very tough decision.. How hard would it be to would a ARTR? I already have a receiver, and possibly a servo.. How much would it cost?
Its not that hard you just need to solder the esc to the motor and plug in the battery. With the ARTR you get some upgraded parts over the RTR like aluminum links and better tires. I used a Novak Rooster combo it was like $109 then I switched over to the Tekin combo for $129 because of problems with the Novak. I think my servo was about $35 for a hitek 645. Also look around someone on here did a price break down on the ARTR vs RTR .

Last edited by boisetrucker; 03-20-2009 at 08:59 PM.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #6

I have both axial and the mrc.....And love them both...but for the price on the mrc and you can be crawling as soon as the battery charges...Out side you will have more fun with the axial. I say buy one ..... save and buy the other. Best of both worlds.
fordranger2682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Personally, I would go with the MRC. Easier to carry in the right sized rocks etc for a backyard course and can be carried easily to most anywere plus much easier for indoor use on them rainy days etc.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #8

I got the MRC yesterday.. Awesome choice too.. All I need to do is get a replacement shock cup already... They come out really easily..
Old 03-23-2009, 05:17 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
I got the MRC yesterday.. Awesome choice too.. All I need to do is get a replacement shock cup already... They come out really easily..
Guess it was'nt as hard of a decision after all

You can use a little bit of shoe goo to help hold on the spring cup. And it will still be easy to remove when needed.
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #10

Good news. I found my cup! lol.. I have a little silicone that I may put in there... This is my first crawler too.. I read the forum a lot, and decided for my first "mod" would be to remove/lessen the COG. So I took out the battery tray, and gutted the electronics to the rear.