Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Tamiya F-350 vs Axial SXC10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 11:41 PM   #1

Default Tamiya F-350 vs Axial SXC10

So I just heard about this sport and decided I had to start. I figured I would get a kit as my first truck to play around with and take apart and tinker so I can learn how these things work. I've narrowed it down to the Axial SXC10 and the Tamiya F-350 (I'm more of a scaler fan). I like the Axial SXC10 due to the ability to play with it out of the box, however I'm really liking this F-350 (big Ford fan, so it wins points that way).
F-350 Link - http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=199

Axial SCX-10 Link - http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=1363

What would your reccomendations be for getting into this as fast as possible? Should I get the SXC-10, or if I bought it, would it leave me wanting more (such as the F-350). I can't tell from the descriptions if a 3 speed transmission and shaft drive 4wd system are unique to the 350, or if the Axial has them as well. In the end, is the 350 a much more intensive, non-beginner kit?

A side question that I have been wondering is how the transmission is controlled? And would I need to purchase 2 servos for the 350, and is mounting them difficult?

Thats about it for my questions now. If anyone bothers to read through that jumbled mess of words and answers them, thanks a bunch!

Last edited by SawyerRanger; 03-21-2009 at 11:53 PM.
SawyerRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

The SCX-10 Kit is way easier to build, and more of a begginer truck, whereas the F-350 does take alot of build time but is fun in the process. I have had both of these and it's hard to say which one is more fun, bottom line is both are fun. The axial does not have a 3 speed tranny like the F-350, it just has a single speed with motor and spur gear setup.
toyota93 is offline   Reply With Quote