Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Servo/Steering Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Servo/Steering Problem

I have attempted to zero my servo and radio. ( I took the servo horn off, turned on my crawler so the servo would return to zero, I centered my radio trim and then turned on my radio. My tires would be centered after this centering process.) However every time I turn on my crawler my tires move to the left a small amount. Then when I turn on my radio the tires return to zero. I was wondering if this is normal? Also, if I leave my radio off and turn my crawler on several time my tires will move to left more and more each time I turn on my crawler. Is this normal? My tires will return to center when I turn on my radio. Any help would be appreciated at this time.
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I have several that do this more or less so it seems pretty normal to me. I wouldn't trip on it.
Jeeper Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #3

Exclamation

its either your wheels are weighted wrong or you arms are stripping
surby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by surby View Post
its either your wheels are weighted wrong or you arms are stripping
Didnt know there were different way to weight my wheels? I put the same amount of stick on weights on each wheel? I dont have the type of rims where you can put the weights on without taking off the tire.

What arms are stripping? My servo arm? If so what can I do to prevent the issue or do I need to just get a new servo? I am using the standard Axial RTR servo.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFOTP View Post
Didnt know there were different way to weight my wheels? I put the same amount of stick on weights on each wheel? I dont have the type of rims where you can put the weights on without taking off the tire.

What arms are stripping? My servo arm? If so what can I do to prevent the issue or do I need to just get a new servo? I am using the standard Axial RTR servo.

Nothing is wrong with it. There's a failsafe built in to most receivers for just in case the receiver loses the signal from the transmitter. You can set it where it's perfectly center, but for the most part I wouldn't worry about it. It's always a better practice to turn the transmitter on before powering your rig, and also not to turn the transmitter off until after you've removed power from your rig. Do that and you'll never notice the problem.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the information and for not bashing me for my newbie question. No where in my Axial manual did it say how to power up the crawler and radio. Never thought to ask if there was a power up sequence.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFOTP View Post
Thanks for the information and for not bashing me for my newbie question. No where in my Axial manual did it say how to power up the crawler and radio. Never thought to ask if there was a power up sequence.

Not that it has to be done this way, but it's just always good for the most part. I just remember back in the days when if the receivers had a fail safe, they sure didn't work, hooking up the battery and having my r/c jump out of my hand and take out down the road on it's own.

And this is the newbie section, so for the most part nobody should be bashing anyone in here for asking a question.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Just as a standard practice you should always be turning on your TX before your RX.

If you turn on your truck first and it decides to bind up or someone is on your freq it will take off on its own for ya, or drive a servo to an end point it shouldnt be and breaksomething etc...

TX then RX an you won't have the servo issue either.
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote