Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Classifieds??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #21

Default Re: Classifieds??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4xlt View Post
It's kind of ridiculous because I don't have much to talk about if i'm new to this hobby. How am I supposed to get 30 if I had nothing meaningful to contribute? I just want to begin work on my project and I would like to post in for sale. I don't think it's worth it to sit here an act like I know what I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4xlt View Post
I've been searching for the classifieds aswell, thanks for clearing it up. It's a shame it has to be like this though.
for sale question

This shows me that you are aware of the rule because you have already been part of a discussion about post whoring and the classifieds but yet today you decide to throw out about 15 consecutive "cool truck" type posts in a row within a VERY brief amount of time and got caught.

Happy to have you aboard here on RCC , bit if you are only here to use the classifieds and have nothing to add, I suggest you buy a star.

Relax, sit back and read some threads, post a couple pictures of your RC's, find threads with questions that you know the answer to and take a moment or two and convey your knowledge and experiences....start a build thread of one of your most recent projects etc...

But.....

If you as you say "you have nothing meaningful to contribute", then perhaps you are on the wrong forum.

Yet if you own an RC, have found us on the Internet and even took the time to register here... You surely must have something meaningful to convey to everyone. You would be surprised at how easy this group is to please with a few cool pictures here and there
or even a story commiserating a bad day of crawling and breaking part after part

Take a deep breath and come at it all again.... If you own a RC, we want to see it and hear about it

Last edited by THX_138; 10-29-2012 at 10:33 AM.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

I like the 30/30 rule. On one of the other RC sites I have been a member of for awhile when buying or selling I am not sure who to trust.
I have bought from members with 0 trader rating and gotten good stuff. I recently bought a 2 cell lipo from a newer member with a good trader rating and got a paper weight.
I just have joined but I am liking what I see so far
nolan533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

does anyone know how/if you can receive payment by paypal if you find a buyer for a item you post for sale?
traxxasemaxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxxasemaxxer View Post
does anyone know how/if you can receive payment by paypal if you find a buyer for a item you post for sale?
yes you can use paypal. its actually the preferred method. i will give the buyer my paypal address via private message once they private message me saying they want to buy a particular item. though, realize, here on rcc, and paypal, if you are paying for goods and/or services, you MUST use the "paying for goods or services" option. No gifting allowed. yes, this does allow paypal to take a small percentage of your money, but it also covers the seller and the buyer incase something bad happens, or a deal goes sour. for instance, you contact someone saying you want an item. they guive you their paypal address and you pay. but, they never ship the item. with paypal user protection, your are covered. you can simply open up a dispute. this allows paypal to look into the transaction. they will contact the seller and ask their side of it. Please note, i have NEVER been ripped off here on rcc. we are a great bunch of guys and always do the right thing. i have, however, been ripped off on ebay. i opened a dispute, and in both cases, got my money back in 7 - 10 days.

Last edited by rik; 12-12-2012 at 04:55 PM.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

when you post something for sale can you post a link to another site that shows all the details of the item? ie the traxxas forums?
traxxasemaxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #26
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxxasemaxxer View Post
when you post something for sale can you post a link to another site that shows all the details of the item? ie the traxxas forums?
Don't think so. Is it really that hard to retype it out here?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #27

ive got 30 post and still climbing waiting on 30 days will it just pop up?
king kong daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

the 30/30 rule is a good way to weed out scamers. im still not a huge fan. i am still kind of new to the crawler thing. but have jumped in head first. ive been on this forum for a month or two, have a build thread. starting a second one soon. yet still have not unlocked the classifieds. i guess it just sux to be me.
mygolfisslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #29
Fan of wheelspeed

Spend $20 and buy a star guys. It'll unlock the classifieds, you can then use a avatar adn you'll most definately make the $20 back within your first couple purchases. Not to mention being able to enter giveaways. In 2012 alone there were several thousands of dollars worth of stuff just given away. Its well worth the money.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #30
Fifth dimension

Na! I'm super new, haven't bought my green star or reached my 30/30 yet. In the short amount of time I've been on here I've met ( email met) John, Erik D, mattzilla and a handful of other dudes that only want to see the hobby grow in a healthy way. I now have better motors, one sick ass berg ( that I love regardless of if I can post pics) and a one off wraith that enjoy equally. It's not about knowing stuff. You could just ask 30 questions and be a better person and hobiest for it.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan533 View Post
I like the 30/30 rule. On one of the other RC sites I have been a member of for awhile when buying or selling I am not sure who to trust.
I have bought from members with 0 trader rating and gotten good stuff. I recently bought a 2 cell lipo from a newer member with a good trader rating and got a paper weight.
I just have joined but I am liking what I see so far

Totally agreed but looking for a used rig is too damn difficult... LOL
jjwiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #32

You know it is funny really. I am all over ebay and the rest of the known world via the internet trying to buy a set up and really it seems to come down to right time and place. Will make my 30/30 and if the classifieds are worth the time, then a donation for the star and extras will be a Plus. Besides great people and learning spot...
jmoser1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I also am waiting for my 30/30. I do not have an unlimited budget and twenty bucks can buy me what I need to make my own links or something I need. I am all for supporting something great (and so far this is the best forum...for scx10 info) and in time I may buy a star, but cannot afford it now.
Valreesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #34

i agree with the 30/30 rule. i have been scamed on the buying side, bought a rig. took forever to get it then when i did it was not even close to the pix in the add.
savage wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #35

I've read the posts here, and there is nothing wrong with protecting the buyers (and the sellers). The world has become a greedy cesspool of get money quick type of people. It makes sense to try something to weed them out and the 30\30 rule is a smart way to go about it. Not only that everyone that posted in this thread seems to only want whats best for the site ... good on ya!

Cheers
Stevolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #36

I completely understand what your trying to do but I have positive feedback on numerous other hobby sites including a perfect score on ebay. I just wanna get started in crawling and cant buy anything. Wth?!?
donovan696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

I know I am an idiot and all other slanderous words you can think of BUT I have met the 30/30 rule and have no idea how to find the classifieds i have tried to find help but can't :( PLEASE HELP!!!!
silversweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

As long as you meet the requirements it should be at the bottom of the list after all the states and country's. It'll be marked classifieds and have the wanted, for sale, and feedback in it.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #39

Popping my post cherry! I am the super lurker! 3years yesterday I have been on here after buying a losi mrc. I have yet to post because everything has been answered already. Any question or comment I have had other than "cool truck" would be redundant. I have saved for the past 3years for a scale rig and finally acquired enough, so yes 20 is a lot of money to me. But it looks like there is no other option for me. Hopefully there will be something in the classifieds for me.
Smplcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smplcty View Post
Popping my post cherry! I am the super lurker! 3years yesterday I have been on here after buying a losi mrc. I have yet to post because everything has been answered already. Any question or comment I have had other than "cool truck" would be redundant. I have saved for the past 3years for a scale rig and finally acquired enough, so yes 20 is a lot of money to me. But it looks like there is no other option for me. Hopefully there will be something in the classifieds for me.
Good to see the first post mate, you don't just have to post to ask questions though as I'm sure you could add something useful even if it's some pics of your new crawler, and the $20 is well worth it, not just for the classifieds but also the giveaways and extra site privileges you get.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote